Apply for housing for Spring 2014 – New Transfer Students
Dear New Transfer Student,
Welcome to UMaine for Spring 2014! We invite you to apply for on-campus housing at this time. Transfer students are assigned to upperclass housing. You may request housing in the Transfer Living Community in Kennebec Hall on the online housing application; however, there is no guarantee of assigned to the TLC, as space is limited. For more information on the Transfer Living Community, please go to http://umaine.edu/sye/tsp/.
To apply for housing for Spring 2014, click the link below the signature line after reading this letter. It will take you to the login for the Spring 2014 housing application. You will log in using your MaineStreet logon and password.
* Apply now – space is limited and you must have an application on file in order to be assigned a room. You may apply for housing even if you have not confirmed admission to UMaine.
* When you log in to access the online housing and dining application, please follow all instructions to complete the application process. Once you have successfully submitted an online housing application, you will see a confirmation page and a confirmation email will be sent to your MaineStreet e-mail address (your @maine.edu e-mail account). IF YOU DO NOT SEE A CONFIRMATION PAGE, PLEASE GO BACK AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION.
* Mutual roommate requests will be accommodated based upon space availability; however, this may not be possible for the spring semester, as space is limited.
* Select a meal plan – for more information on meal plans, go to: http://www.umaine.edu/dining/.
* Select “Continuous Housing” ONLY if you will require housing during Spring Break from Friday, February 28, 2014 to Sunday, March 16, 2014. Most residence halls close for the Semester Break and Spring Break. Continuous Housing halls do not close for the Semester and Spring breaks. Please note that Kennebec Hall, where the Transfer Living Community is housed, is closed for Spring Break. If you require housing during Spring Break, please select Continuous Housing.
* are made based on date of application once a student has confirmed admission to the University and on space availability
* will be available after December 16, 2013
* Log into MyHousing to check your assignment at http://www.umaine.edu/housing/, using your MaineStreet Logon ID and password when the “Check My Assignment” button is visible
Information Regarding Check-in
* New transfer and first-year students may check in on Sunday, January 12, 2014 after 8am.
* Returning students in non-break halls may also check in on Sunday, January 12, 2014 after 10am.
* Classes begin on Monday, January 13, 2014.
Students are allowed one 4.0 cubic-foot refrigerator OR one MicroFridge® Combination Appliance per room. Stand-alone microwaves are prohibited. For more information or to rent or buy a MicroFridge®, please go to http://www.universitylogistics.net/.
Students are strongly encouraged to have property insurance for their personal belongings. Comprehensive, affordable property insurance is available through CSI College Student Insurance. For more information and to apply, go to: http://www.collegestudentinsurance.com/.
Director of Housing & Communications