Apply for housing for Spring 2014 – New First-Year Students
Dear New First-Year Student,
Welcome to UMaine for Spring 2014! We invite you to apply for on-campus housing at this time. Please note that the University of Maine requires all first-year students to live on campus, except those who are 20 or older, are veterans, or will be commuting from a parent or legal guardian’s home within a 35-mile radius of the campus. If you qualify for an exemption from the First Year Residence Requirement, please go to the online housing application and follow the instructions for requesting an exemption. First-year students may request up to two of the First Year Experience Living/Learning Communities or general FYE housing (no preference). Please go to http://umaine.edu/reslife/living-learning-communities-2/. Please note that the Great Books LLC is no longer available. Spaces are limited, and incoming students will be assigned based on space eligibility.
To apply for housing for Spring 2014, click on the link below after reading this letter. It will take you to the login for the Spring 2014 housing application. You will log in using your MaineStreet logon and password.
* Apply now – space is limited and you must have an application on file in order to be assigned a room. You may apply for housing even if you have not confirmed admission to UMaine.
* When you log in to access the online housing and dining application, please follow all instructions to complete the application
* Mutual roommate requests will be accommodated based upon space availability; however, this may not be possible for the spring semester, as space is limited.
* LLC requests will be reviewed by Residence Life staff. Approved requests will be assigned based upon space availability.
* Select a meal plan – for more information on meal plans, go to: www.umaine.edu/dining.
* Select “Continuous Housing” ONLY if you will require housing during Spring Break from Friday, February 28, 2014 to Sunday, March 16, 2014. Most residence halls close for the Semester Break and Spring Break. Continuous Housing halls do not close for the Semester and Spring breaks.
* are made based on date of application once a student has confirmed admission to the University and on space availability
* will be available after December 16, 2013
* Log into MyHousing to check your assignment at umaine.edu/housing, using your MaineStreet Logon ID and password when the “Check My Assignment” button is visible
Information Regarding Check-in
* New students may check in on Sunday, January 12, 2014 after 8am.
* Classes begin on Monday, January 13, 2014.
Students are allowed one 4.0 cubic-foot refrigerator OR one MicroFridge® Combination Appliance per room. Stand-alone microwaves are prohibited. For more information or to rent or buy a MicroFridge®, please go to http://www.universitylogistics.net/.
Students are strongly encouraged to have property insurance for their personal belongings. Comprehensive, affordable property insurance is available through CSI College Student Insurance. For more information and to apply, go to: http://www.collegestudentinsurance.com/.
Director of Housing & Communications
Apply for on-campus housing for Spring 2014: First-Year Housing Application