Apply for housing for Fall 2014 – New Transfer Students
Dear New Transfer Student,
Welcome to UMaine for Fall 2014! We invite you to apply for on-campus housing at this time. Transfer students are assigned to upperclass housing. You may request housing in the Transfer Living Community in Kennebec Hall on the online housing application; however, there is no guarantee of assignment to the TLC, as space is limited. For more information on the Transfer Living Community, please go to umaine.edu/sye/tsp/.
To apply for housing for Fall 2014, click the link below the signature line after reading this letter. It will take you to the login for the Fall 2014 housing application. You will log in using your MaineStreet logon and password. ** **Please be sure you have a phone number listed in the home phone number data field on MaineStreet. This is required before we can pull your information into the application database.
* Apply now – space is limited and you must have an application on file in order to be assigned a room. You may apply for housing even if you have not confirmed admission to UMaine.
* When you log in to access the online housing and dining application, please follow all instructions to complete the application process. Once you have successfully submitted an online housing application, you will see a confirmation page and a confirmation email will be sent to your MaineStreet e-mail address (your @maine.edu e-mail account). IF YOU DO NOT SEE A CONFIRMATION PAGE, PLEASE GO BACK AND COMPLETE THE APPLICATION.
* Mutual roommate requests will be accommodated based upon space availability.
* Select a meal plan – for more information on meal plans, go to: umaine.edu/dining/mealplans.
* Select “Continuous Housing” ONLY if you will require housing during the Semester Break from Friday, December 19, 2014 to Sunday, January 11, 2015 and Spring Break from Friday, February 27, 2015 to Sunday, March 15, 2015. Most residence halls close for the Semester Break and Spring Break. Continuous Housing halls do not close for the Semester and Spring breaks. Please note that Kennebec Hall, where the Transfer Living Community is housed, is closed for the Semester and Spring Breaks. If you require housing during the Semester and Spring Breaks, please select Continuous Housing.
* are made based on date of application once a student has confirmed admission to the University and on space availability
* will be available after July 1, 2014
* Log into MyHousing to check your assignment at umaine.edu/housing/log-into-myhousing, using your MaineStreet Logon ID and password when the “Check My Assignment” button is visible
Information Regarding Check-in
* New transfer and first-year students may check in on Friday, August 29. Details on the time(s) for check-in will be sent to students in late summer.
* Returning students may check in on Monday, September 1, 2014 after 10am.
* Classes begin on Tuesday, September 2.
Students are allowed one 4.0 cubic-foot refrigerator OR one MicroFridge® Combination Appliance per room. Stand-alone microwaves are prohibited. For more information or to rent or buy a MicroFridge®, please go to universitylogistics.net or call (800) 525- 7307. For the latest brochure, click MicroFridge Brochure 2014.
Students are strongly encouraged to have property insurance for their personal belongings. Comprehensive, affordable property insurance is available through CSI College Student Insurance. For more information and to apply, go to: collegestudentinsurance.com.
Director of Housing & Communications