Faculty - Dr. William J. Baker
Professor of History, Emeritus
315B Stevens Hall
B.A. Furman University, B.D. Southeastern Seminary, Ph.D. Cambridge University.
Modern British History and Sports History. Also teaches European history introductory survey.
Representative publications (books):
- Beyond Port and Prejudice: Charles Lloyd of Oxford, 1784-1829 (1981)
- Sports in the Western World (1982, 1988)
- Jesse Owens: An American Life (1986)
- If Christ Came to the Olympics (2000)
Work in Progress:
- “Playing with God: How Religious Folk Learned to Love Modern Sport”