Welcome to Cooperative Extension in Hancock County
University of Maine Cooperative Extension in Hancock County gives local residents access to the resources and expertise of the University of Maine. Through educational programs and resources, UMaine Extension delivers unbiased, research-based information to Hancock County citizens. We can answer your questions on a wide array of topics. To find out how we can help you, browse our site or contact us.
UMaine Extension Hancock County is on Facebook:
For more than 90 years, University of Maine Cooperative Extension has worked with Maine volunteers to offer community-driven, research-based educational programs in every county. Our annual report features highlights of recent accomplishments and the difference we make in the lives of Maine citizens and their communities.
The Annual Report available upon request. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a free PDF version.
3rd Annual Hancock County-Wide Food Drive – Update!
Total food collected: 10,675 items !
- We had 125 food collection sites from 25 towns in Hancock County
- Food was distributed to 11 pantries in Hancock County.
- Bulk food items that were donated will be distributed to 6 community meal sites
- Volunteers that assisted with the drive – recruiting collection sites, delivering promotional materials, collecting and delivering food, sorting food, distributing food: 49
- 19 Hancock County Master Gardeners
- 30 representatives from Hancock County Food Pantries, Community Meal Sites, Churches, Civic Organizations (including WHCA, Healthy Acadia, Maine Community Foundation, and UMaine Cooperative Extension)
Donations received by Coop. Ext. $ 502
TOTAL $ 16,002
For more information call: 207.667.8212
New – Eat Well Volunteer Program offered at Hancock County -
The University of Maine Cooperative Extension is seeking volunteers for its new Eat Well Volunteer Program.