Important Things To Remember
- All deposits to the Gift Processing Department must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope.
- University policy prohibits you from keeping bank account information. Please do not copy or retain copies of checks.
- All deposits sent to the Gift Processing Department must be received with the appropriate Gift Transmittal Form completed and all supporting documentation.
- It is against University policy to request, collect, or retain the three-digit security code from the back of credit cards. Please do not ask for or record the security code.
- University policy prohibits you from keeping credit card account information. Please do not copy or retain credit card information.
Standard Gift Transmittal Form (xlsx)
Standard Gift Transmittal Form (xls)
Use this form for all cash and check deposits.
Credit Card Gift Transmittal Form (xlsx)
Credit Card Gift Transmittal Form (xls)
Use this form to submit return devices/forms completed by and signed by donor to make a donation via credit card charge.
Online Giving Website
University employees may charge credit card donations via the TouchNet Gift Processing on-line store (see Credit Card Security Information in the menu to the right)
- If you are in compliance with the University of Maine System requirements, please go to the the TouchNet Gift Processing on-line store (online giving website)to charge all credit card and electronic check donations received in your office.
- If you are not in compliance with the University of Maine System requirements, please use the Credit Card Transmittal Form to send your donor-signed donation charge requests to the Gift Processing Department.
- You should always encourage donors to access the online giving website to make their donations directly.
- Donations processed via the online giving website are charged or transferred, recorded on the University’s Fundraising Database (Advance), deposited in the appropriate MaineStreet Account, and receipted by mail (for qualified donations).
Gift-In-Kind Transmittal Form (xlsx)
Gift-In-Kind Transmittal Form (xls)
Use this form for non-cash donations of property, materials, and equipment including software, hardware, vehicles, collections, and livestock.
- A Guide of Standards and Requirements regarding Gift-in-Kind Donations may be accessed by clicking on the hyperlink.
- Time and services are not considered charitable donations.
- Contact the Gift Processing Department to discuss the details, acceptability, and requirements of prospective gift-in-kinds.
- Specific IRS forms may be required of the donor and the University so that the donation may be considered a charitable deduction. See the Guide of Standards and Requirements regarding Gift-in-Kind Donations for more details.
Foundation Transmittal Form (xlsx)
Foundation Transmittal Form (xls)
This form is for the use of the University of Maine Foundation when checks are sent to the Gift Processing Department.
University of Maine Payroll Deduction Form (xlsx)
University of Maine Payroll Deduction Form (xls)
UMaine employees may make donations to the University through payroll deduction.