Educational Resources - Awesome Educational Apps
Looking for apps that will help you share information or work on assignments with your classmates?
- Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily.
- Organize, read, annotate, and share your collection of articles and PDFs on iPhone and iPad with Papers. Highlight or use sticky notes to comment on text. Search within Papers to find articles, upload PDFs in iTunes, or import PDFs from email, Dropbox, or MobileMe. Set up library proxy settings. Universal app.
- Collaborate with others and create flow charts, concept maps, and more with Lucid Chart. Drag and drop options. Add text. Send as a pdf or image.
- Interactive whiteboard and screen recording apps. Ability to include images and narrate with audio. Creates a video that can be embedded. Students can record their brainstorming while creating their mindmaps.
- Also try: SugarSync or iAnnotate
Looking for an app to help you write, edit, view or create documents?
- WritePad is a text editor that utilizes advanced handwriting recognition input for the English language as well as iPhone keyboard for text entry, and includes spell checker, context analyzer, and standard editing operations such as copy, cut, paste, etc. WritePad’s primary handwriting recognition-based input method integrated with the text editor. It recognizes cursive, PRINT, and mixed handwriting styles.
- Penultimate is an outstanding handwriting app. A newly added feature makes it much easier to locate older notes and diagrams.
- Paperport allows you to import your PDFs and annotate and mark them up, add audio, add notes. Very powerful for IOS!
- Nebulous Notes is a powerful, geeky plain text editor. Backs up and syncs to Dropbox, includes control over font size and spacing for better viewing while typing, and a macro system that lets you add frequently used keys to a toolbar. Supports saving and opening in all file encodings (useful for international users). Universal IOS app. Free and paid versions available.
- Also try: EverNote, Documents to Go, Air Display, Awesome Notes, Office HD, MobileNoter, Mobile Notes
Looking for an app to help you manage your time better?
- Use Covey’s Priority Matrix that helps identify which things are most urgent and/or important to create a simple to-do list app for IOS.
- Wunderlist is a cross-platform task manager. Completely free (no ads) with cloud syncing to other iOS devices or personal computer!
- Linoit is an online sticky note board. Include links, images, video, and audio as well as change the size and color of your fonts. Has various background options and other attractive options.
- Things is an easy-to-use task manager.
- Also try: InkFlow, PadLet, Gtasks, Nozbe
Looking for an app to create your own flashcards or quizzes to help you study?
Other great apps:
- Dragon Dictation is an easy-to-use voice recognition app powered by Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Allows you to speak and instantly see your SMS, email or social networking updates on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Turns what you say into text and works surprisingly well. Fix any errors you see, then copy into other apps automatically. Great all-in-one voice input solution. Universal Free app.
- JotNot Scanner converts your iPhone camera into a portable multipage scanner. Uses image processing to automatically remove shadows, correct contrast and adjust white balance, so that your scanned documents come out looking crisp and clear. Scan receipts, whiteboards, business cards and notes into PDF files, then email them or upload to Evernote, Google Docs and more. iPhone or new iPod Touch only (because of camera). Free and paid versions available.