Education - Recipe to Market 6-Part Workshop
Registration is now closed.
Do your friends and family rave about your homemade chowder, blueberry jam, ice cream, fudge or other special food product? They say you should sell it and make a fortune. You wonder if they’re right, and if you have the drive and personality to run a business.
Participants of the Recipe to Market 6-part workshop will learn about licensing, how to prepare and package their food product safely, to access potential profits, and discover some of the resources available to support them in business development.
This program is for individuals currently operating a value-added business or those seriously considering one.
Contact Lois Elwell, 207.781.6099, firstname.lastname@example.org to pay with a check.
Dates/Times/Subject: Sessions to be held at the UMaine Regional Learning Center, 75 Clearwater Dr., Falmouth, Maine
- October 3 (5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.) Are You an Entrepreneur? What Is Involved?
- October 10 (5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.) Developing Your Product and Process
- October 24 (5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.) Business Realities
- November 7 (5:30 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.) Resource Panel
- November 14 (9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) Individual Business Counseling
- November 21 (8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) Pilot Plant Tours at Hitchner Hall, Orono, Maine.