We are starting our weekly mini-tutorials designed to bolster communication and engagement with students in your online classes.
There is a measurable positive impact when starting your online courses with a brief 3-5 minute orientation video tutorial similar to this example:
1. Time to develop and post 3-5 minute tutorial: Only 30-45 minutes
2. Technical skills required: Beginner
3. Cost of screen recording software: FREE or you can purchase a full-featured program with zoom and other enhancements. QuickTime or iMovie are available on a Mac. PC solutions include Screencast-O-Matic and CamStudio.
4. Support available: Faculty Development Center, 149 Memorial Union, 207.581.1925, firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Inspiring and empowering your students: Priceless
Please let us know if you need any assistance with implementing video introductions into your online course!
Image Description: illustration of information