Graduate Programs - Scholarships
The following awards are available through the generosity of the following gifts:
The Robert and Catherine Barrett Environmental Horticulture Fund
- This fund is used to provide scholar assistance for meritorious undergraduate students enrolled in Environmental Horticulture who show a dedication to horticulture, as well as a graduate student enrolled in Horticulture with an emphasis in plant introduction. Recipients of this fund are known as the Beatrix Ferrand Scholars.
Samuel L. Boucher Horticultural Education Fund
- This fund is used to provide scholarship assistance to graduate students in Landscape Horticulture, other areas of horticulture or Plant Science.
Janet Engle Cormier Soil Science Scholarship
- This scholarship is given to a full-time junior, senior or graduate student who has demonstrated academic achievement and leadership qualities and is interested in pursuing a professional career in soil science or a related field.
Miroslaw M. Czapowskyj Scholarship
- This scholarship is given to an academically meritorious undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in forest soils or soil science courses/programs.
Nell Goff Memorial Scholarship (St. Croix District of the Garden Club Federation of Maine)
- This scholarship is given to college juniors, seniors or graduate students who are legal residents of the State of Maine.
The New England Farm and Garden Association/Louise Cies Graduate Fellowship Award
- This award is given to a graduate student concentrating in one of the following fields; environmental science, agriculture, arboriculture, horticulture, conservation, forestry, landscape design, animal science, wildlife biology, oceanography or other related fields.
Sarah Jane Spruce Memorial Scholarship Fund
- This fund is to provide financial assistance to undergraduate or graduate – preferably to students considered non-traditional – with a strong interest in pursuing a career and /or graduate studies in pomology, mycology, or related fields.