Curriculum and Concentrations
Our curriculum has been updated and approved by the University Program Curriculum Committee!
As of February 2013, we restructured the EES curriculum to better meet today’s environmental challenges and to provide an education that makes our graduates competitive in today’s job market. We surveyed potential employers at state agencies and private consulting firms to determine the skills that they look for in potential employees. As a result, our new curriculum reflects this market demand for well-rounded students (i.e., grounding in both social and biophysical sciences) with practical skills (e.g., field and research experience, geographic information systems and computer skills, and communication skills).
All students that matriculate into the EES Program at UMaine Fall 2013 will follow the new curriculum.
Resources for Students and Advisors
- EES Curriculum Spring 2013 (PDF)
- EES Fall 2013 Curriculum Checklist (PDF)
- EES Fall 2013 Curriculum Checklist (Excel)
- EES Sample Curriculum Sequence (PDF)
- Concentration Check Lists (PDF)
- Change of Program/Plan Sub-plan Form (To declare Major and/or Concentration)
Minor in EES