Skip Navigation
Return to Layout View | Home | A-Z Directory | my UMaine | MaineStreet | Campus Map | Calendar
Follow UMaine on Twitter | Join UMaine on Facebook | Watch UMaine on YouTube | Admissions | Parents & Family | Apply | Give Now | Emergency

Education and Human Development

Site Navigation:

Advising Center - Who uses the Advising Center?

The College of Education and Human Development Advising Center offers undergraduate academic advising to students majoring in:

Elementary and Secondary Education majors are assigned to the College Advising Center as their primary source for academic advising in the first half of their program. Professional advisors in the Center provide academic advising and program development to students from the time they enter the University until they successfully complete the Teacher Candidacy process, which typically occurs in the second semester of the second year of study. Once students pass Teacher Candidacy they are assigned to a faculty advisor for the remainder of their program. Students studying in Kinesiology and Physical Education Exercise Science option, Athletic Training, and Child Development and Human Relations majors are assigned to faculty advisors in their respective programs upon entering the college.

Image Description:

Image Description:

Back to Advising Center


National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education

Contact Information

Education and Human Development
5766 Shibles Hall
Orono, ME 04469
Phone: (207) 581-2412
The University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469
A Member of the University of Maine System