337A Merrill Hall
University of Maine
Orono, ME 04469-5749
Child Development / Family Relations
B.A. 1967 Rockhurst College, History, Kansas City, MO
M.A. 1969 University of Kansas, Latin American History, Lawrence Kansas
M.A. 1974 University of Kansas, Human Development, Lawrence, KS
Ph.D. 1977 University of Kansas, Developmental and Child Psychology, Lawrence, KS
- Introduction to Child Development
- Self-directed Behavior Change
- Professional Seminar for Individual & Family Studies
- Recent Research in Human Development
Research & public service
Research topic areas
- Support for families with disabilities
- Ecological influences in early childhood settings
- Behavioral phenotype agenesis of the corpus callosum
- The ACC Network for people with agenesis of the corpus callosum
- Special Family Weekend in Maine
- Schilmoeller, G., Schilmoeller, K., & Doherty, D. (2004). Social interaction in individuals with and without a corpus callosum. International Neuropsychological Society Annual Meeting Program & Abstracts, 219 (Abstract)
- Schilmoeller, G.L., Moes, P. Schilmoeller, K.J., & Nowak, E. (2002). Agenesis of the corpus callosum: Physical, Social, and Cognitive Characteristics [Abstract]. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society. 8, 282.
- Everett, T., Schilmoeller, G., & Schilmoeller, K. (2002). Callosal agenesis and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: A connection? [Abstract]. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society. 8, 281.
- Stickles, J. L., Schilmoeller, G.L., & Schilmoeller, K.J. (2002). A 23-year review of communication development in an individual with agenesis of the corpus callosum. International Journal of Disability, Development, and Education, 49, 367 – 383.
- Schilmoeller, G.L. & Schilmoeller, K.J. (2000). Filling a void: Facilitating family support through networking for children with a rare disorder. Family Science Review, 13, 224 – 233.
- Baranowski, M. D., & Schilmoeller, G.L. (1999). Grandparents in the lives of grandchildren with disabilities: Mothers’ perceptions. Education and Treatment of Children, 22, 427 – 446.
- Schilmoeller, G.L. & Baranowski, M.D. (1998). Intergenerational support in families with disabilities: Grandparents’ perspectives. Families in Society, 79, 465 – 476.
- Schilmoeller, K.J. & Schilmoeller, G.L. (1997). The ACC Directory: Including individuals with agenesis of the corpus callosum and related conditions. (Includes over 450 entries from the U.S. and 12 foreign countries.)
- National Council on Family Relations
- National Organization for Disorders of the Corpus Callosum
- Society for Research in Child Development
- Sigmi Xi: The Scientific Research Society