Master’s Program - Apply
Applications for the upcoming academic year will be reviewed only from November 15 through June 1, with priority for graduate assistantship placement to those who apply before December 1. Applications received after June 1 will be considered for the following academic year only.
This year’s HED Hello and Interview Day will be held on February 22, 2013. Applications must be received prior to December 1 for first consideration in interviewing for the assistantships at the HED Hello.
Applicants are required to submit the application including:
- The statement of purpose that specifically describes the applicant’s interest in student development in higher education
- Three (3) references who can address the applicant’s potential for graduate level academic work (at least one, but preferably two, from a faculty member who can speak to the applicant’s classroom performance)
- Scores from either the Graduate Record Examination or the Miller Analogy Test
- A 3-5 page double-spaced sample of writing that addresses a contemporary issue in student affairs, including references to the literature as appropriate
- Transcripts of prior academic work
At the appropriate line in the application, you should note that you are applying to the Student Development in Higher Education Program.
Also, please indicate whether or not you would like to pursue your studies full-time or part-time.
To be given full consideration for assistantship positions, please ensure all application materials are received before December 1st.
Applicants often ask about expectation of prior coursework and GRE scores. We stress that we consider the overall application with each component adding to a full picture of an applicant’s promise. For general reference, however, the grade point average for prior graduate study should generally equal or exceed 3.0.