Faculty & Staff - Yung-Wei “Dennis” Lin
Yung-Wei “Dennis” Lin
112 Shibles Hall
University of Maine
Orono, ME 04469
phone: (207) 581-2419
fax: (207) 581-2423
Assistant Professor of Counselor Education
Play Therapy / Filial Therapy
Child & Adolescent Assessment
University of North Texas (Ph.D., counselor education)
Dallas Baptist University (M.A., counseling)
Taipei University (B.A., statistics)
- CEC549: Developing Theories for Counselors (graduate)
- CEC553: The Profession of Counseling (graduate)
- Bratton, S., Landreth, G., & Lin, Y. (2010). Child parent relationship therapy (CPRT): A review of controlled outcome research. In J. N. Baggerly, D. C. Ray, & S. C. Bratton (Eds.), Child-centered play therapy research: The evidence base for effective practice (pp. 267-294). Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
- Bratton, S., Lin, Y., Meany-Walen, K., & Holt, K. (In progress). The effects of Child Teacher Relationship Training (CTRT) on Head Start teachers’ interactions with preschool students identified with academic and behavioral concerns.
- Landreth, G., Bratton, S., Lin, Y., Ogawa, Y., Schumann, B., & Homeyer, L. (In press). The world of play therapy literature: A definitive guide to authors and subjects in the field (5th ed.).
- Lin, Y. (2008, February). Rules of Thumb for Supervision in Play Therapy. Poster presentation at TACES Mid-Winter Conference.
- Bratton, S., Holt, K., Meany-Walen, K., & Lin, Y. (2009, April). Healing Families through Child Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT). Presentation at Texas Association for Play Therapy Annual Conference.
- Ogawa-Fariss, Y., Kang, H., & Lin, Y. (2010, March). Facilitating Cultural Competence in Working with Asian Children and their Families in Play Therapy. Presentation at American Counseling Association Annual Conference.
- Lin, Y. (2010, October). A Meta-analysis on Contemporary Controlled Outcome Studies Using Child-Centered Play Therapy (CCPT) Methodology —
The Preliminary Results. Poster presentation at Association for Play Therapy Annual Conference.
- Lin, Y. (2011, January). The Art of Child-centered Play Therapy. Presentation at Kaohsiung City Association of Counseling Psychologist.
Outstanding Doctoral Student Award, Rho Kappa Chapter Chi Sigma Iota, Counseling Program, University of North Texas, March 2011
Outstanding International Student Award, College of Education, University of North Texas, February 2011
American Counseling Association (ACA)
Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)
Association for Play Therapy (APT)