Faculty & Staff - Tillapaugh, Daniel
331 Merrill Hall
University of Maine
Orono, ME 04469-5749
(207) 581-2416 ph
(207) 581-3120 fax
Postdoctoral Fellow in Higher Education
Ph.D.: 2012, University of San Diego
M.Ed.: 2005, University of Maryland
Mus.B.: 2001, Ithaca College
Courses taught at UMaine
HED 561: Developmental Theory in Higher Education
HED 562: Assessing Impact of College on Students
HED 598: Special Topics in Higher Education
HED 690: Internship in Higher Education Seminar
- College Student Development
- College Student Leadership Development
- College Men and Masculinities
- Gender Identity & Sexual Orientation in Higher Education
- Internationalization of Higher Education
- Meaning Making of College Students
- Qualitative Research Methodolgy
- Tillapaugh, D. (in review). Shattered dreams, reconstructed hopes: Making meaning of one’s quarterlife crisis.
- Haber-Curran, P. & Tillapaugh, D. (in review). At the intersection of leadership and learning: A self-study of using student-centered pedagogies in the classroom.
- Haber-Curran, P. & Tillapaugh, D. (in review). Leadership learning through student-centered and inquiry-focused approaches to teaching adaptive leadership.
- Tillapaugh, D. (in review). “Writing our own rulebook”: Exploring the intersectionality of gay college men. In D. J. Davis, R. J. Brunn & K. Venegas (Eds.), Intersectionality and research in education.
- Tillapaugh, D. (in progress). Journeying through the labyrinth: Understanding how gay men in college make meaning of their multiple identities.
- Tillapaugh, D. (Winter 2012). The makings of a ‘professional homosexual.’ ACPA Standing Committee for Men Briefs. ACPA College Student Educators International: Washington, DC.
- Tillapaugh, D. (Fall 2011). Toward an integrated self: Making meaning of the multiple identities of gay college men [white paper]. National Association of Student Personnel Administrators Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Knowledge Community: Washington, DC.
- Cesarini, T., Facer, D., Fontes, R., Gallagher, K., Galloway, F., Lewis, E., Marx, E., Ortega, A., Theunissen, B., & Tillapaugh, D. (2011). Evaluation of the Gang Awareness through Mentoring and Education (GAME) Program. Research Report of the Caster Family Center for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Research. Funded by the University of San Diego.
- Tillapaugh, D. (2006). Bad leadership [book review]. Concepts & connections, 14(2). National Clearinghouse for Leadership Programs: College Park, MD.
Instructor, Leadership Studies Minor, 2010 – 2012; University of San Diego
Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, Sixth College, 2008 – 2010; UC San Diego
Assistant Director of Student Activities, 2005 – 2008; Goucher College
Resident Hall Director, 2001 – 2003; Salem State (College) University
Professional Memberships & Honor Societies
American Educational Research Association
Association for the Study of Higher Education
ACPA – College Student Educators International
National Association of Student Personnel Administrators
American Men’s Studies Association
International Leadership Association
Back to Faculty & Staff