Faculty & Staff - Marnik
338 Merrill Hall
University of Maine
Orono, ME 04469-5749
Lecturer, Educational Leadership
Facilitator – Maine School Leadership Network
Ed.D. University of Maine, 1997
M.Ed. Temple University, 1972
B.A. University of Dayton, 1970
- primarily those related to the principalship, and leadership development
- school leadership
- process of change in high schools
- Journal of Maine Education Editorial Board
- Abbe Museum of Native American Culture Board of Directors
- K-12 Commission on Ethical and Responsible Student Behavior
- Marnik, G. (2007). Looking Within: A Principal’s Thoughts on Teacher Leadership. In Uncovering Teacher Leadership. Newbury Park, CA: Corwin.
- Buckingham, D. Donaldson, G. and G. Marnik (2005). The Maine Principal Study: Change and Stability in School Leadership, 1992-2005. Orono, ME: University of Maine.
- Marnik, G. (1999). Democracy Practiced, Democracy Learned: Student Voice as a Focus of Public Education. Journal of Maine Education, XV, 25-28.
- Marnik, G. (October, 1998). Reflections on the High School Principalship. High School Magazine, Volume 6, Number 2, 4-9.
- Marnik, G. (October, 1997). A Glimpse into Today’s High Schools from the Perspective of One Maine Principal. In the conference report Successful a Shared Responsibility of Maine High Schools and the University of Maine, 46-52.
- Lofty, J. and G. Marnik (March/April,1996). Learning Time: Understanding the Many Facets of a Basic Concept. High School Magazine, Volume 4, Number 3, 12-17.
- Donaldson, G. and G. Marnik (1995). Becoming Better Leaders: The Challenge of Improving Student Learning. Newbury Park, CA: Corwin.
- Donaldson, G. and G. Marnik (Eds). (1995). As Leaders Learn: Personal Stories of Growth in School Leadership. Newbury Park, CA: Corwin.
- International Network of Principal Centers
Image Description: George Marnik
Back to Faculty & Staff