Blue Sky Development Initiatives
In year three of the Blue Sky Project, the focus is on integrating the plan’s strategies and goals into the organizational structure of the university. Just as the Blue Sky Strategic Plan was developed through an inclusive process, integration will emerge through collaboration.
Completed Blue Sky Development Initiatives:
- Develop an integrated UMaine Advancement Strategic Plan (Pathway 2)
In Progress Blue Sky Development Initiatives:
- Identify a plan for growing the percent of private and capital gifts as a percent of total UMaine revenues from the current level of 10% to 15% by 2017 (Pathway 2)
- Develop and implement an appropriate gift fee by Fall 2012 to increase funding for ongoing and future development operations adequately (Pathway 2)
- Strategically plan to increase the number of funded Graduate Research Assistantships/Fellowships from 25 to 50 (Pathway 4)
Emerging Blue Sky Development Initiatives:
- Plan and implement the new UMaine Athletics Engagement Initiative to better engage Black Bear Athletics with the UMaine campus and other constituencies (Pathway 3) (Shared with Administration and Finance)
More detail about Development accomplishments can be read in the Annual Report, Blue Sky Impacts. Specific documents related to Blue Sky Initiatives can be read in the Blue Sky Archive.