A Message from the Vice President for Development
Dear Alumni, Parents and Friends:
Thanks to you, our generous donors, the university’s most ambitious philanthropic endeavor to date has come to a successful conclusion. Gifts and pledges in support of the university’s strategic priorities have exceeded the $150 million goal set in
2005. Over the six-year period, contributions to Campaign Maine totaled $157.2 million.
Your gifts have increased scholarship aid for students, enhanced support for faculty, established endowed excellence funds, and restored legacy buildings and learning environments — all of which help UMaine deliver an educational mission critical to quality of life and economic development.
We plan, over the coming months, to demonstrate the impact of your investments and to engage many others who have a passion for and a belief in the University of Maine. With your continued help, we will provide a brighter future for our students, our University, and our world.
On behalf of a grateful university, thank you!
Vice President for Development & Alumni Relations
Campaign Maine at a Glance
- Comprehensive Campaign: July 1, 2005 – June 30, 2011
- $150 million goal: $157.2 million raised
- 23,000 donors from all 50 states and 26 countries
- 18% participation among addressable alumni
- 38% of donors made first gift during Campaign Maine accounting for 37% of the funds raised
- Alumni donations accounted for 34% of campaign
- 17 donors gave $1 million or more; 32 gave $500,000+