Educational Programs - Pie Rules
The Cumberland County Extension Association invites you to enter a homemade pie in the Annual Meeting Pie Contest sponsored by King Arthur Flour.
Entries will be taken at the Cumberland County Extension Association Annual Meeting, UMaine Extension Cumberland County Office, UMaine Regional Learning Center, 75 Clearwater Drive, Falmouth on September 17th from 5:30 to 6 pm
- Exhibitor must use King Arthur Flour and bring the opened bag of King Arthur Flour or submit a UPC label from the flour bag when he/she submits the entry.
- A recipe must accompany all pies.
- Only 1 entry per person.
- Only homemade 1 crust or 2 crust pies will be judged.
- Pies too hot to cut will not be judged.
- Pies should feature local ingredients that are identified in the recipe.
Register to enter by September 17th, 2014 by calling 781-6099
Pies will be judged as follows:
|Recipe Card: Judged on neatness, listed ingredients and directions are reflective of the pie
|| 5 pts
|Overall Appearance||15 pts|
|Use of Local Foods (Identified in Recipe)||20 pts|
WE CAN NOT GUARANTEE THE RETURN OF YOUR PIE PAN
2014 Annual Meeting Pie Contest Prizes Furnished by King Arthur Flour:
2nd place: $50 gift certificate to the Baker’s Catalogue/ kingarthurflour.com
3rd place: King Arthur Flour Bakers Companion Cookbook
Call 781-6099 to register your pie or for more information