Falmouth, ME – Registrations are still be taken for the three levels of beekeeping instruction provided by Certified Master Beekeepers. We have programs for beekeepers of all levels.
This is great for new beekeepers, prior to their first year of bees, or is a great refresher course for beekeepers just now going into their first winter, and even those with a couple of years of experience who want to refresh their skills and knowledge.
- Fall Beginner Bee School B ~ Mondays, November 12 – December 10 at the UMaine Extension Office in Falmouth ~ $95/per person.
- Winter Beginner Bee School C ~ Thursdays, January 10 – February 7 at the UMaine Extension Office in Falmouth ~ $95/per person.
- Winter Beginner Bee School D ~ Thursdays, February 14 – March 14 at UMaine Extension in Falmouth ~ $95/per person
Intermediate Bee School – Apiary Management:
Apiary Management is geared towards beekeepers with two plus years of experience. The focus of this class is how to effectively manage an apiary under Maine conditions.
- Wednesdays, January 9 – February 20 at USM campus in Portland ~ $140/per person.
The Advanced Intermediate School (new this year) is designed for accomplished beekeepers with five plus years of experience, or those who have already taken Intermediate Bee School. Completion of an Intermediate Bee School or instructor permission is a prerequisite for this course.
- Tuesdays, February 26 – March 26 at USM campus in Portland. $120/per person.
For additional information and registration see our website: http://umaine.edu/cumberland/programs/agriculture/beekeeping-courses/
Or contact: Colleen Hoyt, UMaine Extension in Cumberland County at 207-781-6099 or firstname.lastname@example.org