Department: Cooperative Extension (Cumberland County
Hourly Wage: $12.20
Position is available to employees of the Associated C.O.L.T. Staff of the University of Maine from 04-26-13 through 05-02-13 and open to external applicants thereafter.
Full-time, regular position, 40 hours per week, 5 days per week. Daily work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Employee provides a wide variety of both routine and non-routine clerical and administrative support responsibilities and tasks for agricultural and horticultural program areas at the University of Maine Cooperative Extension Cumberland County Office in Falmouth. Employee also provides reception coverage and general clerical support as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Writes, edits, and releases information regarding workshops, programs and events in collaboration with program, marketing, and other personnel. Establishes and updates Content Management System, social media and electronic media. Designs, edits, copies, and mails newsletters, directories, and other marketing materials in compliance with marketing directives. Updates volunteer records and tracks participant interest and enrollments for subscriptions, workshops, and programs. Updates and maintains databases. Communicates with a wide variety of constituents and stakeholders. Prepares a variety of documents for workshops. Registers participants for programs and workshops and prepares rosters. Monitors workshop income and expenses, receives payments, and prepares deposits. Schedules conference calls, cars, video conferences, meetings and classrooms. Designs and distributes paper and electronic forms and surveys, monitors responses, and prepares reports. Keeps informed regarding UMaine Extension events and directives. Records meeting minutes. Maintains both paper and electronic files. Supervises volunteers as assigned. Receives and greets office visitors, answers telephones. Purchases supplies and materials, troubleshoots office equipment and may arrange for repairs. Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skill Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required, two-years of clerical/office experience preferred.
- Ability to travel, normally requiring a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Effective and professional communication skills
- Successful experience with MicroSoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, FrontPage), Google mail and Google docs, Social Media, Online Content Management. Willingness to learn non mainstream and proprietary software applications.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Successful experience in operating a variety of office machines/equipment.
- Experience in maintaining detailed records, files, and filing system.
- Basic budgeting and mathematics skills.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills.
- Fluency in more than one language preferred.
- Experience in drafting, formatting, and editing a variety of documents.
- Demonstrated initiative, time management, and prioritization skills and skills in working independently. Appropriate background checks will be required.
To apply, please submit a current application along with a cover letter and resume describing how your qualification skills and experiences relate to this position. Incomplete application materials cannot be accepted. Deadline for applications is May 10, 2013.
The University of Maine is a tobacco-free campus. Information regarding UMaine’s tobacco-free policy is online at http://umaine.edu/tobaccofree/