Our Faculty and Staff - Judith Stickles, M.A., CCC-SLP
Judith Stickles is the Clinical Director of our program and teaches both academic and clinical courses. Additionally she serves as a clinical educator both on campus and off campus and teaches the Diagnostic Clinic. Prior to joining the department, she worked with children and adolescents with communication disorders in public and private schools in Eastern Canada and Maine, and taught at the University of New Brunswick. Special areas of interest include language disorders in adolescents, literacy development and disorders, issues impacting school-based practice and clinical teaching, and language and literacy development in children with Agenesis of the Corpus Callosum.
- M.A. 1982 University of Maine (Communication Disorders)
- B.A. 1979 Acadia University (English)
- B.Ed. 1979 Acadia University (Secondary Education)
- CSD 389 Language Development
- CSD 584 Language Disorders in Children: School-Age
- CSD 684 Seminar in Clinical Procedures II
- CSD 685 Diagnostic Process in Speech-Language Pathology
- CSD 686 Clinical Practicum: Speech-Language Pathology
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA); Special Interest Divisions 1 (Language Learning and Education) and 11 (Administration and Supervision)
- Canadian Association of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Maine Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Stickles, J., Smith, S. L., Keaton, M., & Nelsen, E. (2004, November). Efficacy of a phonologically-based sound-symbol program: A pilot study. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Philadelphia, PA.
- Stickles, J. with Whitmire, K. ( 2003, October). The changing roles of SLPs in today’s schools. Paper presented at the fall meeting of the Maine Speech-Language- Hearing Association, Portand, ME.
- Stickles, J., Schilmoeller, G., & Schilmoeller, K. (2002). A 23-year longitudinal review of communication disorders in an individual with agenesis of the corpus callosum. International Journal of of Disability Development and Education, 41, 365-383.
Image Description: Judith Stickles
Back to Our Faculty and Staff