Dear Faculty Member,
The University of Maine will celebrate its 212th Commencement Ceremonies on Saturday, May 10th.
Commencement is the highlight of the university year, not only for the graduating class but for the faculty, administration, and staff. The graduates and their families appreciate having the faculty present to celebrate with them. As a faculty member, you are critical to our programs, our courses, and, most especially, our students. The University looks forward to your participation in Commencement activities.
Please click the following link to download a 2014 Faculty Regalia/Attendance Form (PDF).
Please complete this form by April 4th and return to Suzi Gould Miller via campus mail or by email at email@example.com.
Reserved regalia may be picked up in the Bookstore starting May 5th.
The President’s Faculty Recognition Luncheon will be held on May 10th, between Commencement ceremonies, at Wells Conference Center (upstairs). All faculty are invited to join President and Mrs. Ferguson, UMaine Administration, the honorary degree recipients and their faculty colleagues as outstanding UMaine faculty are recognized.
The luncheon buffet will begin at noon. In the event the morning ceremony runs past noon, the program will begin when the stage party and faculty attending the morning ceremony are present.
Please call 581.1516 with any questions.
- Arrive downstairs at Wells Central by 9:30 a.m. for the morning ceremony and 2 p.m. for the afternoon ceremony.
- Regalia must be worn to march in commencement. There will be staff in Wells Central to assist you with robing and the lineup.
- Faculty will remain standing, lining the aisles for graduating students to march past as they enter the Arena. If you are unable to remain standing as the students march in, please march in the front of the line so you may be seated in the faculty seating area.
- The President’s Faculty Recognition Luncheon will take place between ceremonies in Wells Conference Center. Space will be provided to hang regalia.
- Please return your regalia downstairs in the Alfond Arena before proceeding to the President’s Faculty Recognition Luncheon at Wells Conference Center and after the afternoon ceremony.