Veterans / Veterans Education and Transiton Services VETS
Thank you for your service, the VETS office is here to serve you.
Veterans students are a small group of non traditional students with some specific needs and interests . Veterans Education and Transition Services or VETS is proud to serve our students veterans . Understanding and navigating the various resources available to UMaine student veterans can be challenging. The VETS office is staffed by professional student affairs staff and student veterans, who are here to help.
The VETS office connects veteran students to programs and resources at the University of Maine and the surrounding community to support their success. As the VA Certifying Official, the VETS office staff facilitates the administration of Veterans Educational Benefits for veteran students or dependents attending the University of Maine.
The VETS Office provides
- Support and advocacy for veteran students
- Assistance in solving problems related to education
- Advice regarding VA Educational Benefits
- Certification to the VA for each semester of enrollment and any change of enrollment
- Referrals to University resources and other agencies
- Verification of pursuit of training
For more information about programs and services for veteran students visit the VETS website
or contact us at :
Phone : 207-581-1316
email : UMVETS@umit.maine.edu
fax: 207 581- 9338
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday