Undergraduate Programs - Gen Ed
Students must complete 18 credit hours of courses selected from list of approved courses to meet the University of Maine General Education Human Values and Social Context Requirements. These courses should be selected to satisfy each of the five sub-categories listed below:
- Western cultural tradition
- Social context and institutions
- Cultural diversity and international perspectives
- Population and the environment
- Artistic and creative expression
Note that some courses cover more than one sub-category.