National Conference: Integrating Science & Mathematics Education Research into Teaching - 2004 National Conference
2004 National Summer Conference
Integrating Science and Mathematics Education Research into Teaching
June 20-25, 2004
The University of Maine
- Maine Mathematics and Science Teaching Excellence Collaborative (MMSTEC)
- The University of Maine Center for Science and Mathematics Education Research (The Center)
This summer’s national conference will be comprised of a dinner and keynote on Sunday, two days of talks and workshops hosted by the Center, followed by three days of MMSTEC’s Summer Academy. Tuesday evening will feature a second keynote and a lobster dinner. Invited and contributed talks, and poster presentations, on Monday and Tuesday will reflect the following interests:
- Recent findings from science and mathematics education research (parallel sessions of 25-minute talks divided by discipline).
- Applying Education Research to Instruction (parallel sessions of 25-minute talks divided into):
- Middle and Secondary Levels
- Teacher Training and Professional Development
- Workshops on developing education research projects and the use of various methods and instruments.
- Workshops on making researched-based modifications to instruction.