Outstanding Classified Employee Award - 2011 Call for Nominees
The Classified Employees Advisory Council (CEAC) is soliciting nominations of Outstanding Classified Employees for the 2010 Classified Employee Recognition Awards. CEAC believes that it is extremely important to recognize classified employees’ exceptional service and dedication to the University, and would like to raise the awareness of the campus community about the indispensable contributions that represented and non-represented classified employees make to the quality, diversity, and overall mission of the University of Maine.
You may nominate a Classified employee for this award using this downloadable form in PDF format or this downloadable form in Word (.doc) format with at least three (3) letters of recommendation attached that describe your nominee’s actions, activities, and attitudes that set their job performance and contributions to the University community above normal expected levels.
The criteria each finalist must meet are as follows:
- is a current classified employee,
- has served the University a minimum of 3 continuous years (full or part-time),
- inspires others through dedication, commitment and work ethic,
- maintains the highest level of professional service to the campus community, within their department(s) or areas of responsibility,
- has provided outstanding service to their University department(s),
- has, through their outstanding service, helped to create a better environment for employees, students and campus community.
After screening the nominations, CEAC’s Outstanding Classified Employee Selection Committee will notify the two selected nominees. The two finalists will be presented with an award and a cash stipend of $1000 at the University of Maine’s Employee Recognition and Achievement Banquet being held on May 16, 2011.
If you would like to submit a nomination, please forward your current nomination to Nancy Michaud, Fogler Library, Science Center, Orono Campus or via e-mail Nancy.Michaud@umit.maine.edu or through campus mail by Friday, March 18, 2011. Late nominations and incomplete applications can not be accepted.