2013 Summer Institute for Teachers of French
- L’institut sur la Péninsule acadienne en photos
- Horaire Provisoire
- Cost Information
- Institute Conditions
- Participant Acceptance Form
- Institute Faculty and Staff
- Required Reading Prior to the Institute
- Important Information For Participants
- Obtaining Academic Credit
Exploration de la Péninsule acadienne
This opportunity will offer a unique combination of academic presentations and seminar-level discussions, as well as tailored briefings by site curators, historians and folklorists as the institute explores the Acadian Peninsula. The institute will be conducted entirely in French.
Participants who are accepted to the institute will be charged a $500.00 registration fee. The fee covers all transportation during the Institute, meals as will be indicated on the final itinerary, lecturer`s fees, admission to educational sites and double occupancy in lodgings (with the exception of accommodations in Fort Kent which may be single occupancy). Participants who wish single occupancy for all accommodations will have to pay an additional fee. Participants will be responsible for any meals not covered in their registration fee, as well as any activities, expenses, souvenirs, etc . not included in the institute itinerary.
Interested applicants must fill out and send the Application / Inscription by April 19, 2013. Notification of acceptance will be based on strength of the applicant to meet the criteria listed below. Those accepted will be expected to complete required readings prior to the institute. Details will be provided in the acceptance packet.
1) speak French fluently (at the Advanced level according to the ACTFL Proficiency Guidelines);
2) wish to integrate Acadian culture in their classroom;
3) be willing to act as a resource person on Acadian culture for their colleagues
1) We regret that we are unable to accommodate spouses or children.
For More Institute Information:
email@example.com (207) 581-4243
Mail or fax application materials to:
The University of Maine
154 College Avnue
Orono, ME 04473
Fax: (207) 581-4223