Skip Navigation

Parties – For Birthdays and Anytime

With Campus Recreation, you can throw a fun and healthy party and actually enjoy it, since we do most of the work! What’s more, it doesn’t have to be for a birthday, and it doesn’t have to be for a kid! Bring your church group, scout troop, or just a bunch of friends and have a great time with Campus Recreation.

Plan a Pool Party, Rock Climbing Party, High Ropes Party, or Multi-Activity Court (MAC) Party today! See below for information.

  • Pool Party in SRFC Leisure Pool: Organized games and swimming.
  • Rock Climbing Party at Maine Bound Adventure Center (MBAC): Climbing and Bouldering.
  • High Ropes Party on SRFC Challenge Course: Ages 12 and up. In the event of inclement weather, high ropes parties will transition to a MAC or Pool Party, as available.
  • MAC Party on SRFC Multi-Activity Court: Basketball, indoor soccer, floor hockey, and other sports/games.

What do you get?

Campus Recreation offers two-hour parties, including 90 minutes of activity time and 30 minutes for food and/or presents. Campus Recreation provides Lifeguards as needed (at least two per party), facilities, and setup/cleanup.

What do you bring?

You provide the food (snacks, cake, etc.), beverages, plates and cups, eating utensils, cake knife, matches, and of course the guests! For Pool Parties, each guest must have appropriate swimming attire.

What about parking arrangements?

If your party is on the weekend, you’re all set to park in the lot most convenient to your party location. If your party is on a weekday before 5:00 p.m., then you can stop and pick up a temporary parking permit from Public Safety on your way onto campus. Directions to Public Safety are included below.

How do I get there?

Click here for directions to the Rec Center for your Pool Party, High Ropes Party, or MAC Party. Click here for directions to the Maine Bound Adventure Center for your Rock Climbing Party. Directions to Public Safety to pick up your temporary parking permit (if necessary) are included in both.

What does it cost?

Any of these parties costs $12 per person, with a $120 minimum. Call (207) 581-1082 for more information.

Submit Feedback
Find us on Facebook

Campus Recreation is a Department Within Student Life

Division of Student Life

Maine Bound is Campus Recreation’s Outdoor Adventure Program

Maine Bound
Campus Recreation
5797 New Balance Student Recreation Center, 22 Hilltop Road, UMaine
Orono, Maine 04469-5797
Phone: (207) 581-1082 | Fax: (207) 581-4898
The University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469