Employment Opportunities - Assistant for Marketing
University of Maine – Campus Recreation
Student Job Description
University Job Classification: Student Athletic/Recreation Assistant III
Date Modified: 8/15/2007
Informal Title: Assistant for Marketing
Supervisor: Assistant Director for Marketing & Membership
The primary purpose of this position is marketing at Student Recreation and Fitness Center. Assistants for Marketing will help implement marketing strategies, including printed and online marketing materials, and marketing research. They are responsible for facilitating a fun, safe and welcoming environment for participants and staff members at all times. Before employment begins they are required to achieve certifications in Professional Rescuer CPR, Standard First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator.
Duties and Responsibilities
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Create or modify marketing materials for programs, services, memberships, and facility rentals.
- Perform and/or analyze market research.
- Distribute marketing materials, electronically or physically, as required.
- Suggest new methods of marketing programs, services, memberships, and facility rentals.
- Assist with website maintenance.
- Respond to injuries and assist in immediate first aid and proper emergency procedures.
- Provide a welcoming, inclusive environment for staff and participants.
- Perform student evaluations and recommendations for merit increases.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As an Assistant for Marketing, you are expected to be a friendly, knowledgeable and productive advocate and publicist for Campus Recreation’s facilities and programs. We expect all employees to have a positive attitude, show up for work on time, dress professionally, and perform all assigned duties in a professional manner. In addition, we expect all employees to treat everyone with respect.
- Dependability, responsibility, and punctuality
- Professional attire and behavior
- Knowledge of, and/or interest in, recreation and fitness activities
- Enthusiasm, desire to learn, and desire to work as part of a team
- Ability to operate independently within departmental standards of conduct and professional expectations
- With proper training, awareness of risk management and safety concerns
- Awareness of and appreciation for individual uniqueness and diversity
- Ability to obtain certifications in Professional Rescuer CPR, Standard First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, and the use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Commitment to student development and leadership
- Ability to work during academic year
- Ability to work during school breaks and holidays (preferred)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent decision-making ability
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to use various types of standard office and retail equipment
- Two references (professional or academic)
- Extensive experience in the following specialized area(s): Preferred software experience: InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, Acrobat, Dreamweaver
Position Type: – Pay Level III: $7.30-8.05
* Work Study / Work Merit: Work Study – Optional
Time Commitment: Minimum 6 hours per week.
Minimum Shift: 2 hours
Shift Days/Times: M-F 8:30 – 4:30
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
The University of Maine Campus Recreation Department is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity, and actively encourages applications from women, persons of color, and individuals from other underrepresented groups.
A Member of the University of Maine System
Back to Employment Opportunities