Welcome to 4th International Animal By-Products Symposium
Managing Animal Mortalities, Products, By-Products & Associated Health Risk:
Connecting Research, Regulations & Response
The 4th International Symposium was held May 21 – 24, 2012 in Dearborn, Michigan.
- Safety of composting euthanized animals as a means of disposal;
- Carcass management in response to routine mortalities, accidental deaths, natural disasters, and disease outbreaks;
- Food of animal origin containment, disposal and decontamination in response to disease and emergency events;
- Research and public policy on carcass disposal and the direction of future research and resources;
- International, Federal and state agency response and training experience;
- Carcass treatment (management) options;
- New and emerging technologies for euthanasia, carcass treatment, and disinfection;
- One Health Initiative;
- Global considerations;
- Final product use and disposition.
For more information contact:
Jean Bonhotal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Hutchinson: email@example.com
Dale Rozeboom: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gary Flory: Gary.Flory@deq.virginia.gov
Image Description: 4th International Symposium: Managing Animal Mortalities, Products, By-Products & Associated Health Risk: Connecting Research, Regulations & Response. Date: May 21 - 24, 2012. Location: Dearborn, Michigan.