Faculty and Research - Jones
Nory Jones, Professor of Management Information Systems
University of Maine
Maine Business School
5723 DP Corbett Business Building, Room 308
Orono, ME 04469-5723
Ph.D., University of Missouri (2001)
- Electronic Commerce
- Information Systems & Technology for Business
- Knowledge Management and Decision Support Systems
- Creating and Capturing Value in the Digital Economy
- Marketing Research
- Business Intelligence Paper, Knowledge management and business intelligence: the importance of integration, R. Herscehl & N. Jones, J. of Knowledge Management, 9(4), 2005 (pdf)
- Consequences of Web-Based Technology Usage, This paper explores success factors dealing with collaborative technologies, Jones & Kochtanek, Online Information Review, 2002 (pdf)
- Exploring the Challenges of a Hybrid Distance Tech, This paper examines factors related to distance education courses, learning styles and an experimental hybrid distance class. Jones, Golann, Vollmers & Scott.
- IJKL Research Paper, Developing a University Research Web-Based Knowledge Portal, Nory Jones, Darylyne Provost, David Pascale, Intl. Journal of Knowledge & Learning. (doc)
- Knowledge Champions, This paper examines factors relating to the adoption of tchnology innovations, Jones, Kochtanek, Moesel, J. of Knowledge Management, 2003(doc)
- Technology Adoption in Small Service Firms, This paper examines the factors that influence small service firms in their adoption and diffusion of information technologies. Nory Jones and Diana Lawson, submitted to the International Journal of Services Technology & Management.
Jones, N. and Mahon, J. (2012) “Nimble Knowledge Transfer in High Velocity/Turbulent Environments”, accepted on March 28, 2012 for publication in the Journal of Knowledge Management.
Remidez, H. and Jones, N. (2012) “Developing a Model for Social Media in Project Management Communications”, International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vol. 3 No. 3, pp.
Graham, C. and Jones, N. (2011) “Cognitive Dissonance Theory and Distance Education: Faculty Perceptions on the Efficacy of and Resistance to Distance Education”, International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology, Vol. 1 No. 3.
Graham, C. and Jones, N. (2011) “Improving Business Performance with Web 2.0 Technologies”, Journal of Business Excellence, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 12-17, 2011.
Jones, N. and Khan, O. (2011) “Collaborative Systems and Internal Marketing Communications in Knowledge Transfer”, special issue “Collaborative Technologies and Applications” International Journal of Collaborative Enterprise, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 57-74.
Khan, O. and Jones, N. (2011) “Harnessing Tacit Knowledge for Innovation Creation in MNEs: An Internal Social Network Approach”, Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development, Vol. 5, No.3 pp. 232 – 248.
Jones, N., Meadow, C. and Sicilia, M. (2009) “Measuring Intellectual Capital in Higher Education”, Journal of Information and Knowledge Management, Volume: 8, Issue: 2, pp. 113-136, Citations: 2
Jones, N. and Borgman, R. (2007) “An Exploratory Study on Knowledge Sharing, Information Technologies and Firm Performance”, OR Insight Journal, Vol. , No. pp. 10-21, Citations: 2
Jones, N., Golann, B, and Vollmers, G. (2006) “Exploring the Challenges of a Hybrid Distance Course”, Journal of Informatics Education Research, Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 8(3), pp. 59-80, Citations: 1
Colburn, S. and Jones, N. (2006) “Derive the Best Tax Treatment for Computers and Software”, Practical Tax Strategies, 77(4), pp. 216-222.
“Using Web-Based Technologies in a Graduate Class To Develop an Entrepreneurship Knowledge Portal”, Jones, N., Golann, B. and Vollmers, G. International Journal of Web-Based learning and Teaching Technologies, 1(2), pp. 31-49, 2006, Citations: 1
Jones, N, Provost, D., and Pascale, D. (2006) “Developing a University Research Web-Based Knowledge Portal”, International Journal of Knowledge and Learning (IJKL), 2(1/2), pp. 106-118, Citations: 12
Herschel, R. and Jones, N. (2005) “Knowledge Management & Business Intelligence: The Importance of Integration”, Journal of Knowledge Management, 9 (4), pp. 45-55.
Jones, N. and Kochtanek, T. (2004) “Success Factors in the Implementation of a Collaborative Technology and Resulting Productivity Improvements in a Small Business: An Exploratory Study”, Journal of Organizational and End User Computing, 16(1), pp. 1-20, Citations: 19
Jones, N., Herschel, R., and Moesel, D. (2003) “Using Knowledge Champions to Facilitate Knowledge Management”, Journal of Knowledge Management, 7(1), pp.49-63, Citations: 49
Jones, N. and Kochtanek, T. (2002) “Consequences of Web-Based Technology Usage”, Online Information Review, 26(4), pp. 256-264, Citations: 9
Jones, N. and Laffey, J. (2001) “The Diffusion of Collaborative Technologies into a College Classroom”, Performance Improvement Quarterly, 13(4), pp. 29-46, pp. 29-46, Citations: 10
Jones, N.B. and Rice, M. (2000) “Can Web-Based Knowledge Sharing Tools Improve the Learning Process in an MBA Consulting Class?, , Technology Horizons in Education, Vol. 27 (8), pp. 100-106 or online at http://www.thejournal.com. Citations: 13
Jones, N. and Gibler, K. (1995) “Integrating TQM into Business Schools,” Chronicle of Continuous Quality Improvement, Vol. No pp. .
Gibler, K. and Jones, N. ( ) “Putting TQM To Work For You”, Journal of Property Management.
Faculty adviser to the MBS Corps