Faculty & Staff - Graham
C. Matt Graham
University of Maine
330 Donald P. Corbett Business Building
Orono, ME 04469
Phone: (207) 581-1946
- BUA 235: Information Systems and Technology for Business
- BUA 367: Databases for Decison-making
- BUA 363: Network Design and Applications
Prior to coming to UMaine, Matt was the Chair of the Business Administration and Computer Technology programs at Andover College located in Portland and Lewiston ME. He also taught web design and computer application courses at the University of Southern Maine’s Lewiston and Auburn campus and for Central Maine Community College.
Prior to his teaching career, Matt worked in Insurance, business to business credit analysis, Internet technology, and owned his own business. The business was a Bodega which focused the sales of Spanish and Jamaican groceries.
When not teaching or studying, Matt enjoys collecting comic books. He is the proud owner of a # 1 first edition X-Men comic book published in 1963.
Ph.D. Candidate, Information Systems, Nova Southeastern University, Ms.Ed., (Business Education) Southern NH University, BS, (Business Administration) Husson University
Recipient of UMaine’s 2011 Faculty Technology Stipend for developing an in-class SMS text messaging system to increase student engagement in large classes
Information Security, computer privacy, online learning environments, open-source web technologies, and workplace e-learning. In 2011, Matt was the program coordinator for International Educator Group’s conference titled: Education in 2025.
- Graham, C.M., Anchors, S., & Doore, B. (2012). Student Learning Preferences and SMS Text Messaging: A Web 2.0 Large Classroom Engagement System. International Journal of Information and Communication Technology Research.2(8): 638-645.
- Graham, C.M. & Jones, N. (2011). Cognitive Dissonance Theory and Distance Education: Faculty Perceptions on the Efficacy of and Resistance to Distance Education. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology. (Accepted November 8th, 2011)
- Graham, C.M. & Jones, N. (2011). Improving Business Performance with Web 2.0 Technologies. Journal of Business Excellence. (Accepted April 17th, 2011)
- Graham, C. M. & Miaoulis, G. (2010). Web 2.0 Social Networking Technologies & Student Engagement: An Evaluation of an In-Class Question-Answer SMS Text Messaging System. Journal of Innovative Education Strategies. 1(1) : 26-40.
Peer-Reviewed Book Chapter
- Jones, N. & Graham, C.M. (2009). Improving Hybrid Course Delivery in Distance Education with Emerging Technologies. In Y.K. (1st Ed.) Learning Management System Technologies and Software Solutions for Online Teaching: Tools and Applications. Hershey, PA: IGI Publishing
- Jones, N. & Graham, C.M. (2012) Trends in Distance Education. In Y.K. (2nd Ed.) Learning Management Systems. Hershey, PA:IGI Publishing
Graham, C. M. (2012). MIS for the Business Student: A Technical Use and Development Guide. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Publishing Company.
Graham, C.M. (2010). HIPAA and HITECH Compliance: An Exploratory Study of Healthcare Facilities Ability to Protect Patient Health Information. Proceedings of the 2010 Northeast Business and Economics Association (NBEA). Montclair, NJ. (Accepted).
- Graham, C.M. & Jones, N (2011). Faculty Perceptions on the Efficacy of Distance Education and Why are they still so Resistant? The 2nd Annual New England Regional Sloan-C Conference presentation. Portland, ME. May 18th, 2011
- Graham, C. M. & Miaoulis, G. (2010). Web 2.0 Social Networking Technologies & Student Engagement: An Evaluation of an In-Class Question-Answer SMS Text Messaging System. The U.S. annual conference of the International Academy of Business. Las Vegas, NV. May 9th – May 12th, 2010
- Jones, N. & Graham, C.M. (2009). Strategies and Emerging Technologies for Improving Hybrid Course Delivery in Distance Education. The 1st New England Regional Sloan-C Conference presentation. Portland, ME. Oct. 30th, 2009