Faculty and Research - Faculty Profiles
- Dave Barrett continues to serve (pro-bono) at the Secretary for the Bangor Half-Way House
- Richard Borgman and Bob Strong provide assistance to the state on issues of finance and budgeting.
- Steve Colburn (Accounting) provides the services of our student accountants to individuals in the area who need accounting assistance at no cost—VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance). This is one of those unheralded activities that we engage in that is quite valuable to the community.
- Matt Graham, Lecturer of Management Information Systems has been invited to speak at an upcoming conference in India this coming October about his research in Web 2.0 technologies and classroom engagement.
- Nory Jones (MIS) engages MBA and undergraduate students in knowledge management, marketing and information system with local and regional Maine companies sand continues to lead the MBS Corps.
- Paul Myer (marketing, management and general jack of all trades) is involved in numerous activities throughout the state with student teams rendering consulting and advising to a number of organizations.
- Terry Porter (management) has created a student sustainability group and it is up and running and is engaging in a variety of activities. Terry is also involved with the Mitchell Center on Environmental Resources and with the School of Engineering on several major research initiatives. Dr. Porter has also been awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to the University of Cardiff in Wales, UK.
- Bob Strong was selected as the 2007 Maine Professor of the Year by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and the Council for the Advancement and Support of Education (CASE.) Established in 1981, the Professor of the Year award is the only national pro-gram that recognizes undergraduate professors for outstanding commitment to their students, educational institutions, profession and communities. Senator Susan Collins personally congratulated Bob on this award. He was also named to the Investment Advisory Committee of the Maine State Retirement System. This is an $11 billion fund supporting the retirement funds of state employees, public school teachers, employees of municipalities, legislators and judges. The investment advisory committee supervises the actual investment of the fund assets.
- Gloria Vollmers continues her association with the Bangor Symphony Orchestra as a violinist and in aiding the management of the BSO.
- John Mahon has been appointed Chair of the Governor’s Committee on International Relations Planning.