Faculty & Staff - Miles
Dr. Miles received her Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Arlington in Operations and Supply Chain Management in 2008, and her Masters degree in Management from the Georgia Institute of Technology in 1992. Prior to completing her PhD, she spent 25 years in the United States Army as a logistics officer. During her tenure as an Army Logistics Officer, she participated in the planning and execution of countless missions in support of both Global Wars on terrorism (Afganistan and Iraq). As such, she has moved everything from ice to trash, tanks to fuel and people to boxes around the world; via ship, cargo plane, pipeline, railroad and truck. Her experience is robust and certainly reflected in her research. She is keenly interested in ‘the greater good’; pursuing research that examines corporate accountability, the costs of efficiency, and, more recently, corporate taxes and executive compensation. She accomplishes research with the tenacity of an Army officer and the breath of a scholar.
Patti Miles; Curriculum Vitae 10 October 2013
Patti Miles’ AQPQ Document October 2013
BUA 337 Miles Fall 2013
BUA 601 F2013 Miles 2013s
Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals
- Miles, P.C., Miles, G., and Cannon (2012) Servicescape and Customer Satisfaction: Exploring the Contingent Role of Business Strategy. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 32(7): 772-795
- Miles, P.C. & Zhang, G., (2012). China Turns to Tweeting: Exploring the Problematic use of Tweeting in China. International Journal of Business and Social Science, 3(7): 91-94
- Miles, P. C. & Miles, G. (2013). Corporate Social Responsibility and Executive Compensation: Exploring the Link. Social Responsibility Journal, 9(1): 76-90
- Porter, T. & Miles, P.C. (2013). The CSR Halo: Evidence from Long-term CSR Practices in Large Corporations. Corporate Reputation and Review, 16(4): forthcoming
- Miles, P.C. (2013). Why Do Educated, Successful Women Leave The Workforce? American International Journal of Social Science, 2(2): 15-19
- Miles, P.C. (2013) Competitive Strategy: The link between Service Characteristics and Customer Satisfaction. Journal of Quality and Service Sciences. (Forthcoming)
- Miles, P.C., Zhang, G., & Smith, S. (2013) Content and Design and Trends of Chinese Corporations Homepages.. International Journal of Electronic Business, (forthcoming)
National Peer Reviewed Conferences (Peer Reviewed and Published in Proceedings)
- Miles, P.C. (2013) Promotion Tenure and Pay and other Decisions influenced by Student Assessment of Teaching. Academy of Management Spring 2013
- Zhang, G., Miles, P.C. & Smith, S. (2013) Content and Design and Trends of Chinese Corporations Homepages. Association of Marketing Theory and Practice, Spring 2013
- Miles, P.C. (2012) Does the use of clickers enhance classroom performance? Decisions Sciences Institute Fall 2012
- Miles, G. & Miles, P. (2012) Does Quality Extend to Corporate Social Performance? Decisions Sciences Institute Fall 2012
- Miles, P.C. (2012) Taxes, Productivity and Performance of the Fortune 500. Academy of Management Spring 2012
- Miles, P., Harkins, J., & Miles, G. (2011) Strategy and Structure and Industry Performance. Decisions Sciences Fall 2011
- Miles, P.C. (2011) Executive Compensation and Corporate Taxes of GRI firms Decisions Sciences Fall 2011
- Miles, P.C. & Porter (2011) Walking the talk or just talking in Corporate CSR? International Association for Business and Society. Spring 2010
- Miles, P.C. & Miles, G. (2011) Closing the gap: As CEO pay and employee pay align, so does firm profitability, productivity & inventory. International Association for Business and Society. Spring 2010
- Miles, P.C. & Vollmers (2011) Opportunistic Behavior in Healthcare Industry: imperfect market conditions. International Association for Business & Society. Spring 2010
- Miles, P.C. (2010) Capturing the long term impact of Low Corporate Tax, and High CEO Pay Decisions Sciences Institute Fall 2010
- Collett, P. (2009) The Moderating Role of Strategy on Servicescape & Customer Satisfaction. Academy of Management Spring 2009.
- Collett, P. & Cannon, A. (2009) Customer Satisfaction and loyalty: A function of Service Characteristics. Decisions Sciences Institute Fall 2009.
- Collett, P. (2008) Organizational Theory: The Missing Link in Supply Chain Management. Academy of Management, Fall 2008.
- Collett, P., Bourgeois, S. & House, D. (2008) Statistical Analysis of course Evaluations. Decisions Sciences Institute Fall 2008.
Image Description: Patti Miles Faculty Photo
Back to Faculty & Staff