Faculty & Staff - Miles
Dr. Miles received her Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Arlington in Operations and Supply Chain Management and her Masters degree in Management from the Georgia Institute of Technology. Prior to completing her PhD, she spent 25 years in the United States Army as a logistics officer. During her tenure, she participated in the planning and execution of countless missions in support of both Global wars on terrorism, all as a logistician. As such, she has moved everything from ice to trash, tanks to fuel and people to boxes around the world; via ship, cargo plane, pipeline, railroad and truck. Her experience is robust and certainly reflected in her research. Specifically she is keenly interested in ‘the greater good’; pursuing research that examines corporate accountability, efficiency at what cost, and, more recently, corporate taxes and executive compensation. She accomplishes research with the tenacity of an Army officer and the breath of a scholar.
See below for examples of Patti’s Academic Experience, Publications & Nationally Accepted Conferance Papers, as well as her Teaching and Professional Experience and Accomplishments
Academic Journal Submissions (Peer Reviewed)
- Miles, P.C., Miles, G., and Cannon (2012) Servicescape and Customer Satisfaction: Exploring the Contingent Role of Business Strategy. International Journal of Operations and Production Management. Volume 32, Issue 7 (July 2012).
- Miles, P.C. and Zhang, G., (2012), China Turns to Tweeting: Exploring the Problematic use of Tweeting in China, International Journal of Business and Social Science, Vol. 3, No. 2. Pg. 91-94.
- Miles, P. C. and Miles, G. (2012) Corporate Social Responsibility and Executive Compensation: Exploring the Link. Social Responsibility Journal. Forthcoming.
National Peer Reviewed Conferences (Peer Reviewed and Published in Proceedings)
- Miles, P. & Miles, G. Exploring outcomes of Sustainable Firms: Executive compensation, taxes and economic performance. Academy of Management Conference, Fall 2012
- Miles, P. Taxes, Productivity and Performance of the Fortune 500. Academy of Management Conferance, Spring 2012
- Miles, P., Miles, G., Harkings, J. Strategy and Structure. Decision Sciences Institute Conferance, Fall 2011.
- Miles, P. Executive Compensation and Corporate Taxes of GRI Firms. Decision Sciences Institute Conferance, Fall 2011.
- Miles, P. & Porter, T. Walking the Talk or Just Talking in Corporate CSR? International Association for Business and Society. Spring 2011.
- Miles, P. & Miles, G. Closing the Gap: As CEO pay and employee pay align, so does firm profitability, productivity and inventory turnover. International Association of Business and Society, Spring 2010
- Miles, P. & Vollmers, G. Opportunistic Behavior in the Healthcare Industry: The impact of imperfect market conditions. International Association of Business and Society, Spring 2010
- Miles, P. Capturing the Long Term Impact of Low Corporate Tax and High CEO Pay. Decision Sciences Institute Conferance, Fall 2010.
- Miles, P. The Moderating Role of Strategy on the Relationship Between Servicescape and Customer Satisfaction. Academy of Management Conference, Fall 2010.
- Miles, P. & Voelker, T. Organizational Theory: The missing link in supply chain management. Academy of Management Conference, Fall 2009.
- Miles, P. Customer Satisfaction and loyalty: A function of service characteristics. Decisions Sciences Institute Conference, Fall 2009.
- Miles, P. House, D., and Roberts, S. What do Course Evaluations Tell Us? Decisions Sciences Institute Conference, Fall 2009.
- Miles, P. The Port of Long Beach: A strategic chronology of success. Academy of Management Conference, Fall 2006.