Business & Sustainability - Jobs and Internships
For more information on Green Jobs, check out the Powerpoint from the Net Impact Maine Day Brunch & Career Workshop by clicking on the following link: Introducing Green Jobs and Green Careers
Additional Job and Internship Resources:
Students are advised to routinely check the above links and information below for internship openings.
Intern, Center for Environmental Leadership in Business
Location: Arlington, VA
More Information: http://tbe.taleo.net/NA8/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CONSERVATION&cws=1&rid=61
Internship with Eaton Peabody: Consumer Packaging and Recycling Pilot Project
1. Communicating with major retailers at upper levels of management, with the goal of convincing them to implement a deposit/refund/handling fee strategy on all packaging.
2. Once retailers are in agreement, create a business plan to attract investor capital and later debt capital for the construction of Resource Recovery Parks (RRP’s).
3. Communicate with construction contractors to build RRP’s in North America over a 3-5 year period.
4. For the first month, candidate would work with an employee in a transfer of knowledge and guidance. Once complete, the student should be comfortable working independently towards these objectives.
For more information contact Elisa McPhee at EMcPhee@eatonpeabody.com or Jay Dresser at Jdresser1@aol.com
LCA Manager at Deloitte
Seeking a Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Analyst to actively engage in all aspects of project work. This position requires three to five years of direct working experience in LCA; specific experience with energy and GHG issues preferred.
- Must have a considerable experience using LCA tools such as SimaPro or GaBi (preferably SimaPro), LCI datasets, and environmental impact assessment methods, as well as working knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Qualified candidates will also be familiar with the WRI/WBCSD GHG Corporate Protocol, ISO 14040 series, PAS2050 and the draft WRI/WBCSD Product LCA Standard.
- Contribute to client engagements that focus on technical product life cycle assessments, corporate emissions inventory development, environmental policies, supply chain assessment, energy and environmental strategies and compliance programs;
- Develop proficiency in sourcing, reviewing and manipulating large life cycle inventory, datasets using spreadsheet and database applications; Participate in the development of proposals and other marketing materials;
- Author technical project deliverables;
- Contribute towards quality control efforts related to products and services in your area of technical expertise;
- Experience in assessing agricultural-based emissions a plus, extensive travel up to 80%
- Managers will lead and deliver complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative shared services business solutions for leading companies
- Manager level responsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement.
- Managers implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance.
- Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
- Minimum of 6 years consulting and/or industry experience is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Preferred in Environmental Sciences, Civil or Environmental Engineering or Physical Sciences
- Advance degree required. Master’s or PhD in one or more environmental, industrial or energy disciplines. MBA, M.E. P.E., CEM a plus.
- LCA Certified Professional standing highly recommended.
In addition, successful Managers will also have the following preferred skills:
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- Strong presentation skills
Samples of recent LCA project work may be requested as part of the interview process.
Our strategy is simple: we hire energetic, innovative individuals who see beyond the obvious, who can think broadly and deeply, bringing greater value to their clients.