Recognition & Rankings
Choosing a business school is an important decision. Whether you’re pursuing an undergraduate degree, MBA, or certificate of study, the prestige and academic standards of the university matter when you launch into the competitive work environment.
Consider The University of Maine and the Maine Business School:
- The University of Maine is the flagship campus of the University of Maine System and Maine’s only land-grant and sea-grant institution
- A premier research institution, nationally, and regionally accredited
- One of the top 100 universities nationwide for research, with recent annual awards of more than $100 million (National Science Foundation)
- AACSB Accredited since 1974 – the gold standard for business schools worldwide
- Recognized by U.S. News & World Report (2012) among the nation’s top 100 public universities
- One of America’s best 376 colleges, according to The Princeton Review (2011)
- One of America’s Top Colleges, according to Forbes (2011)
- One of 330 colleges selected for inclusion in the Fiske Guide to Colleges, compiled by former New York Times editor Edward Fiske (2013)
- Ranked in Tier 1 of America’s Top National Universities, the only university in Maine to be so ranked (U.S. News and World Report, 2012)
- Ranked in the top 8 percent of colleges and universities nationwide to be classified by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching as a “Research University-High Research Activity” institution
- Among public universities, UMaine is ranked first in the nation for fostering access and success for low-income and minority students. (The Education Trust, 2010)
- The MBS is one of U.S. News & World Report’s top 150 business undergraduate programs (2013)
- Our faculty are experts in their field, renowned for their research and teaching excellence. They have traveled, published, presented, lived, and/or led student study abroad trips every year
- Our MBS staff is knowledgeable, amiable, and dedicated to service excellence
- Our 890 undergraduate MBS student body is intelligent, innovative, socially responsible, and dedicated to strengthening the economy in the great state of Maine. They are also foster a respectful, inclusive, and friendly atmosphere.
- Our MBA student body comes from diverse professional, cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds. We welcome well qualified applicants from around the world who desire a world class education of the highest caliber and an MBA credential for which they can be proud.
- Our alumni span the globe and our MBS programs have produced strong leaders who in turn, give back to the Maine Business School and the great state of Maine.