Authorizing a User to View or Pay Your Bill On-line
In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), your student financial records may not be shared with a third party without your written consent. Adding an authorized user in TouchNet’s Bill+Payment Suite is your written consent that an individual may view your account information and make payments on your behalf. The University of Maine will not release information in any other manner without a completed Student Consent to Release Information Form. Please note that authorized users DO NOT have access to your stored payment methods, academic records, or other personal information. Follow the instruction below to establish a parent or other person as an authorized user to view and/or pay your University of Maine System student account.
- After logging into the MaineStreet portal, click the Student Self-Service link to select it.
- Click the Student Center link to access the MaineStreet Campus Solutions system.
- From the Student Center, under My Account in the Finances section, click on the View My Bill link.
- To access TouchNet’s Bill+Payment suite, click the VIEW BILL/PAYMENT OPTIONS button.
- Click the Access TouchNet Bill+Payment button.
- Select Authorized Users from the menu options at the top of the page.
- If you have already added one or more authorized users, you may update settings or delete on this page. Click on the Add Authorized User section. Enter the e-mail address of the new Authorized User.
- Choose Yes or No on both of the access options.
- Billing Statement Access: Would you like to allow this person to view your billing statement?
- If you select “No”, the authorized user will be able to view only the current balance, but will not see your billing statements.
- Payment History Access: Would you like to allow this person to view your payment history?
- If you select “No”, the Payment History tab will show only payments the authorized user has made.
- If you select “No” for both options, the authorized user will only be able to process payments on your account
- After carefully reading the agreement for authorizing a user, click the I Agree box.
- Click the Continue button.
- After you add the authorized a user, they will receive an e-mail notification along with instructions for logging into their Bill+Pay account.
Click here for a printable PDF of how to set up an authorized user
Image Description: g-0010_get-acrobat-reader-button