Engineer Your Future at the College of Engineering at the University of Maine – Close to Home in Brunswick!
Engineers are changing the world all of the time! Engineers create innovative and practical solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges and they work with other smart, inspiring people to invent, design and build things that matter and make a difference.
Can you see yourself doing some of these jobs?
- Protect the planet by developing state-of-the-art water systems
- Design high-tech cell phones and mp3 players
- Create cutting-edge animation for video games, TV & Movies
- Develop life-saving medical technology to detect early brain tumors
- Build bomb-proof structures to protect soldiers in war zones
- Invent a new sensor that can detect pollution in our drinking water
Math Placement Test. Take test by April 30, 2014.
Every incoming freshman student at UMaine needs to take the math placement test. This test is administered electronically through Blackboard, and you will have access to it once you enroll. This test is required so that the faculty can assess your mathematics readiness and, if necessary, recommend supplemental work before the start of classes so that you can work effectively at the BEP. Rest assured that your acceptance to UMaine is NOT conditioned to any specific performance in the math placement test (again, you would have to do the exact same thing if you attended the Orono Campus). We ask that you take this test before the end of April so that we can recommend appropriate measures if needed.
Director of Brunswick Engineering Program,
Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering
Maine Advanced Technology and Engineering Center
151 Fitch Ave (Mailing address 29 Sewall Str)
Brunswick, ME 04011
Tel: (207) 844 2068