At Your Service with Permits & Information
The University of Maine is a bustling campus. Commuter students, on-campus residents, visitors, conference guests, faculty, staff, and vendors all use our roadways and parking lots. If you plan to bring a car to campus, you’ll need to purchase a parking permit and familiarize yourself with parking rules and regulations.
Planning to bring a car?
Purchase your 2014 parking permit online TODAY! Buy your permit now so you have it in time for arrival.
Click here to order your parking permit.
You will need all of the following:
- MaineStreet ID username and password
- vehicle registration
- credit card or checking account information
Do Resident Students Really Need a Car?
You might feel lost without your wheels, but many students find coming to UMaine carless to be pretty painless! With so many FREE transportation options and a safe, pedestrian-friendly campus, it’s no wonder.
ALTERNATIVES TO DRIVING:
- WALKING: It’s good for you and the environment! The campus provides well-maintained walkways, and motorists are respectful of pedestrians. Plus, you need never walk alone—an escort service is available at 581.WALK or via one of the blue call boxes on campus.
- BIKE IT: Plenty of students, faculty and staff bike at UMaine. It’s a great way to get around quickly, and the campus has bicycle racks near most buildings. Be sure to bring your lock and helmet!
- FREE BUS SERVICE: The BAT (Bangor Area Transit) Bus offers free service between campus and Bangor, Brewer, Orono, Old Town and Veazie. Just show your MaineCard!
- FREE SHUTTLE: Hop on the “Black Bear Orono Express,” also operated by BAT, for a lift between campus and downtown Orono. Available on half-hour intervals Monday through Saturday.
- BUS: Concord Trailways picks students up on campus for out-of-state travel.
- Purchase your Parking Permit today! Order online to ensure you have your permit by the beginning of the semester.
- Resident permits are valid only in lots designated by “Red” Resident signs. Commuter permits are valid only in “Black” designated lots. See the campus map for details.
- Please familiarize yourself with parking Rules & Regulations.
- Avoid citations when you come to campus! Read the back and front of your permit and follow the instructions.
Go back to the Go back to the UMaine Student Services Orientation Website.