The ONE card that does it ALL!
Your MaineCard is the one card you will want to have with you at all times while at UMaine. This is your official University identification card—and it’s your connection to many important services, facilities and features.
You will have your picture taken for your MaineCard ID at new student orientation!
When you arrive at New Student Orientation this summer on campus, BE SURE TO BRING:
1. Your MaineStreet ID number*
2. Another photo ID (such as a current state driver’s license or high school ID)
*Information regarding your UMS Accounts and MaineStreet ID was included in your acceptance letter. If you do not have this information, contact the IT Help Center at 207.581.2506 or visit: IT Help Center.
Use Your MaineCard to:
- identify yourself as a UMaine student
- enter your residence hall if you are a resident
- use your Meal Plan at Black Bear Dining locations
- pay for laundry services at campus facilities
- purchase items at the University Bookstore
- print at designated Information Technology printers
- make copies at Library copiers
- pay for services at Cutler Health Center
- make purchases at participating off-campus merchants
- access campus recreation facilities and UMaine sporting events
- buy tickets to events at the Collins Center for the Arts
- and so much more!
Black Bear Bucks
You have the option of adding funds to a flexible spending account that is accessible via your MaineCard. This account ensures that you have funds available for convenient spending, without the need for carrying cash.
BLACK BEAR BUCKS: Use across campus at places like Fogler Library, Maine Bound program and residential laundry facilities. Use off campus at merchants who participate in the Black Bear Bucks program.
* Black Bear Bucks is the only form of payment accepted in residential laundry facilities. Students spend an average of $45 per semester on laundry.
Adding Funds to Your MaineCard
You and your parents can easily load funds onto your MaineCard.
ON-LINE (Preferred and most convenient method!): You can add funds to any of your flexible spending accounts online 24/7 with a credit card. You can add funds to your own account, or your parents can make what is called a “Guest Deposit” to your account. Click here to visit our quick guide.
AT ORIENTATION: You will be able to add funds while visiting the MaineCard table at Student Services. We will be happy to assist you!
ON CAMPUS: You can add funds with cash, check or credit card at the Student Service Center in Memorial Union during regular business hours. You may also add funds using cash at Value Transfer Stations and kiosks in Fogler Library, Memorial Union, Union Central, Wells Central and Hilltop.
JUST AN IMPORTANT REMINDER!
Remember to bring your MaineStreet ID number & photo ID to Orientation.
Save time at Orientation—add funds to your Black Bear Bucks Account now at the MaineCard Online Card Office.
For more details click here for the Official MaineCard Website.
Go back to the UMaine Student Services Orientation Website.