Spring into Farm-to-School!
Are you currently involved, or would like to become involved, in farm-to-school programming? Please join us!
Who? Teachers, Administrators, Master Gardener Volunteers, Parents, Community Partners
- Learn techniques to start and sustain farm-to-school programs
- Work through common challenges, and leave with action steps
- Learn examples of service-learning related to farm-to-school programming
- Share your existing or future school gardens & food/agriculture curricula
Where? Multi-Purpose Room, Brunswick High School (116 Maquoit Rd., Brunswick)
When? Monday, February 6th from 4:30–6:30 pm (Snow date: February 8th)
- Network with other teachers, community partners, Master Gardeners, parents, administrators, and stakeholders
- Continuing Education Units (0.2 CEUs) will be available
- Be entered into a raffle for a Maine School Garden Network tote bag, a copy of Healthy Foods from Healthy Soils: A Hands-On Resource for Teachers or snow-tubing, tobogganing, and lift passes from the Snow Bowl in Camden!
- All participants will be entered in grand prize drawing for a Johnny’s Selected Seeds cedar cold frame
RSVP to Genna Cherichello or 207-832-0343 with your name, affiliation, phone number, special accommodations and dietary needs.
Co-sponsored by The Maine Farm-to-School Network, University of Maine Cooperative Extension and ACCESS Health.
UMaine Extension programs are open and accessible to all in accordance with program goals. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.