Rick Kersbergen, UMaine Extension educator in Waldo County, will lead the “Got Hayfields?” workshops, which focus on how to best manage hayfields and pastures to produce high-quality feed for livestock. Topics include weed control, managing soil fertility, hay and pasture renovation techniques, grazing management and basics of forage quality.
Workshops are scheduled for the following dates, times and locations:
- March 25, 6:30-8:30 p.m., UMaine Extension, 992 Waterville Road, Waldo
- April 3, 6-8 p.m., Farmington Grange, 124 Bridge St., West Farmington
- April 10, 7-9 p.m., UMaine Extension, 307 Maine Ave., Bangor
- April 24, 6:30-8:30 p.m., Vassalboro Grange, Route 32, East Vassalboro
- April 30, 2-4 p.m., UMaine Extension, 57 Houlton Road, Presque Isle
- May 14, 5:30-7:30 p.m., UMaine Extension, 24 Main St., Lisbon Falls
- June 3, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Noon Family Sheep Farm, 78 Sunset Road, Springvale
Pre-registration is requested. To register, or to request a disability accommodation, call 1.800.287.1426, or visit http://umaine.edu/waldo/programs/events/got-hayfields.