Publications - News Articles
- Maine AgrAbility was at the 28th Maine Potato Conference in Caribou on January 23-24, 2013. Despite the cold weather lots of growers turned out to talk and learn about new innovations in the industry.
- Maine AgrAbility was at the Agricultural Trade Show in Augusta on January 8-10, 2013. Beltone representatives were there with a video otiscope to take a peak inside farmers’ ears. It was a great conversation starter about the value of hearing protection in farming and an opportunity to get free hearing protection as well as learn more about the Maine AgrAbility program.
- The garden scoot is an example of assistive technology available for gardeners that have mobility issues — although it is a fun ride for kids too!
- The Maine AgrAbility program was mentioned in the University of Maine Center on Aging Dec/Jan 2013 Issue of the ENCorps eNews. [Page 3, Volunteer in Action: Jim Doyle].
- Back on the Farm — USDA program helped Alexandria farmer return to work, The Herald Bulletin. July 28, 2012. By Abbey Doyle.