Skip Navigation
Return to Layout View | Home | A-Z Directory | my UMaine | MaineStreet | Campus Map | Calendar
Follow UMaine on Twitter | Join UMaine on Facebook | Watch UMaine on YouTube | Admissions | Parents & Family | Apply | Give Now | Emergency

Maine AgrAbility

Site Navigation:

About Maine AgrAbility

Who can use Maine AgrAbility?
AgrAbility works with full-time and part-time farmers, farm workers, and farm family members with a chronic health condition or disability.

What is a chronic health condition or disability?
Any condition that prevents you from working on the farm in the way that you used to or in the way you need to in order to be successful.  AgrAbility clients have a broad array of conditions, including, but not limited to:

Does my chronic health condition or disability need to result from farming in order for me to qualify for AgrAbility?

How can AgrAbility help me?
Every situation is different.  Possible services include:

How much will Maine AgrAbility cost me? Nothing. All Maine AgrAbility programming is funded through a grant from the USDA’s National Institute of Food and Agriculture.  All services to consumers are free of charge.

Image Description: Extension expert with farmer in vegetable field. Photo by Edwin Remsberg


Find us on Facebook

"Like" Maine AgrAbility on Facebook!

Twitter icon

Follow Maine AgrAbility on Twitter!

University of Maine Cooperative Extension

Contact Information

Maine AgrAbility
75 Clearwater Drive, Suite 104
Falmouth, Maine 04105
Phone: 207.944.1533 or 800.287.1471 (in Maine)E-mail:
The University of Maine
Orono, Maine 04469
A Member of the University of Maine System