Return to Layout View
Follow UMaine on Twitter
Join UMaine on Facebook
Watch UMaine on YouTube
Parents & Family
Events - Event Archives
- Feb 14, 2013 My Grant Proposal Wasn’t Funded: Now What? Facilitated by Linda Silka and co-sponsored by CETA.
- November 15, 2012 Leadership Training: Is it for ME? Panel discussion for women faculty sponsored by ADVANCE Rising Tide.
- November 8, 2012 Connecting Scholarly Work to Public Dialogue, a discussion facilitated by Theda Skocpol, Victor S. Thompson Professor of Government and Sociology at Harvard University. Co-sponsored by ADVANCE Rising Tide and CETA.
- November 7, 2012 Advancing to Full Professor. Co-sponsored by ADVANCE Rising Tide and CETA.
- November 1, 2012 The ABCs of Students with Disabilities: Accommodations, Behaviors and Compliance. Co-sponsored by ADVANCE Rising Tide and CETA.
- October 25, 2012 Student Professionalism and the Classroom Environment. Panel discussion co-sponsored by ADVANCE Rising Tide and CETA.
- October 16, 2012 Find your Mentor, Targeted Mentoring Informational Session for new faculty. Co-sponsored by ADVANCE Rising Tide and CETA.
- October 10-31, 2012 Wednesdays. Mindful U Stress Reduction Program. Facilitated by Cooperative Extension faculty with partial funding from ADVANCE Rising Tide.
- September 27, 2012 CANCELLED. Essentials of Time Management. Co-sponsored by ADVANCE Rising Tide and CETA.
- September 21, 2012 Submission Deadline Targeted Mentoring Applications for Fall 2012 and Spring 2013.
- September 13 – October 4, 2012 Thursdays. Mindful U Stress Reduction program. Facilitated by Cooperative Extension faculty with partial funding from ADVANCE Rising Tide.
- September 12, 2012 Targeted Mentoring Informational Session. Facilitated by ADVANCE Rising Tide and CETA.
- September 11, 2012 Targeted Mentoring Informational Session. Facilitated by ADVANCE Rising Tide and CETA.
- August 31, 2012 New Faculty Welcome and Informational Fair. Co-sponsored by ADVANCE Rising Tide Center and CETA.
- May 14, 2012 Advancing Women in Academia: A Networking Conference. Co-sponsored by Maine EPSCoR and ADVANCE Rising Tide Center.
- May 9, 2012 Department Chair and Unit Director Training.
- April 12, 2012 AIC Meeting
- April 11, 2012 Tips for Effective Communication. Co-sponsored by CETA and ADVANCE Rising Tide Center.
- March 23, 2012 IDR Series: IDR Collaboration Fair.
- March 16, 2012 Carving Out Time for Research and Writing. Co-sponsored by CETA and ADVANCE Rising Tide Center.
- February 23, 2012 IDR Series: Interdisciplinary Research and Peer Committees CANCELLED
- February 17, 2012 Balancing Teaching and Research. Co-sponsored by CETA and the ADVANCE Rising Tide Center.
- February 16, 2012 Distinguished Climate Scholars Series featuring Dr. Jane Davidson, Director of the Solar Energy Laboratory at the University of Minnesota. The public presentation is titled ” A Vision for Renewable Fuels.”
- February 15, 2012 AIC Meeting
- February 8, 2012 Mid Career Assessment. Co-sponsored by CETA and the ADVANCE Rising Tide Center.
- January 26, 2012 IDR Series: Interdisciplinary Research: Soliciting Ideas for the UMaine Strategic Plan.
- January 25, 2012 Promotion & Tenure Part II: A Discussion with Newly Tenured Faculty.
- December 9, 2011 AIC Meeting
- December 8, 2011 RESCHEDULED FOR FEB 23 – IDR Series: Interdisciplinary Research and Peer Committees, facilitated by Dr.Susan Gardner and Dr. Mary Madden.
- December 7, 2011 Women in the Curriculum Lunch Series: Satisfaction at UMaine-An Update on the Rising Tide Advance Grant Research.
- December 2, 2011 – A Promotion and Tenure Discussion facilitated by Provost and Senior VP for Academic Affairs Susan Hunter and Human Resources Officer John Kidder.
- November 14, 2011 – Environmental Anthropology Lecture Series featuring Dr. Flora Lu, ecological anthropologist, who will describe her work with indigenous and migrant populations of the Ecuadorian Amazon.
- November 10, 2011 – ADVANCE Rising Tide Grant Program Workshop
- October 28, 2011 – New Faculty Mentoring Campus Climate Presentation
- October 24, 2011 – Distinguished Climate Scholars Series featuring Dr. Catherine O’Reilly, who will discuss her studies of the impact of climate change on freshwater ecosystems in Lake Tanganyika.
- October 21, 2011 – Advance Initiatives Council Meeting
- October 17-18, 2011 – Staples Lectureship in Biochemistry featuring Dr. Melanie Cobb, Fellow in the American Academy of Microbiology.
- September 22, 2011 – How to Run a Large, Collaborative Research Project, kick off for the Distinguished Climate Scholars Series with panelists Kate Beard-Tisdale, Cathy Whitlock and Paul Mayewski. Join us for lunch and a discussion of collaborative research that crosses all disciplines. Event sponsored by the ADVANCE Rising Tide Center and the Climate Change Institute.
- September 16, 2011 – Advance Initiatives Council Retreat
- September 13-15, 2011 – Dr. Joann Moody,a faculty development specialist with Diversity on Campus, visits our campus to facilitate workshops with department chairs, peer committees and faculty mentors. These events, which offer practical strategies used in making sound evaluative decisions, are funded by a competitive Professional Development grant award to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, and the ADVANCE Rising Tide Center.
Back to Events
"This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 1008498. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation (NSF)."
ADVANCE Rising Tide Center
5703 Alumni Hall, Room 229
Orono, Maine 04469-5703
Phone: 207-581-3439 | Fax: 207-581-3450E-mail: