|Course Identifier||Course Title||Credit Hours||Site||Mandatory Orientation @ UMaine Orono||Semester Begins||Semester Ends||Student/ Parent Financial Responsibility for 6 credits or less||Instructor|
Fall 2014 Semester
|AST 109||Introduction to Astronomy||3||online||8/27/14||9/2/14||12/19/14||$0||Batuski|
|AST 110||Introduction to Astronomy Lab||1||online||8/27/14||9/2/14||12/19/14||$0||Batuski|
|ECO 120||Principles of Microeconomics||3||online||8/27/14||9/2/14||12/19/14||$0||Hoshide|
|ENG 129||Literature in the Modern World||3||online||8/27/14||9/2/14||12/19/14||$0||Ruddy|
|ERS 103||Dynamic Earth||3||online||8/27/14||9/2/14||12/19/14||$0||Johnson|
|FSN 101||Introduction to Food & Nutrition||3||online||8/27/14||9/2/14||12/19/14||$0||Dodge|
|MAT 232||Principles of Statistical Inference||3||online||8/27/14||9/2/14||12/19/14||$0||Zoroya|
|MAT 126||Calculus I||4||online||8/27/14||9/2/14||12/19/14||$0||Tyne|
|MES 101||Introduction to Maine Studies||3||online||8/27/14||9/2/14||12/19/14||$0||Pickard|
|MUY 101||Fundamentals of Music||3||online||8/27/14||9/2/14||12/19/14||$0||Wubbenhorst|
|PAX 250||Peace & Pop Culture||3||online||8/27/14||9/2/14||12/19/14||$0||Toner|
|POS 100||American Government||3||online||8/27/14||9/2/14||12/19/14||$0||Powell|
Spring 2015 Semester TENTATIVE
|AST 109||Introduction to Astronomy||3||online||TBA||$0||Batuski|
|AST 110||Introduction to Astronomy Lab||1||online||TBA||$0||Batuski|
|ECO 190||World Food Supply, Pop & Environ||3||online||TBA||$0||Hoshide|
|ENG 129||Literary Topic TBA||3||online||TBA||$0||TBA|
|FSN 101||Intoduction to Food & Nutrition||3||online||TBA||$0||Dodge|
|MAT 127||Calculus II||4||online||TBA||$0||TBA|
|MES 201||The Maine Coast||3||online||TBA||$0||Pickard|
|MUL 150||Rock ‘n Roll/20th Century Music||3||online||TBA||$0||Wieck|
|POS 120||Introduction to World Politics||3||online||TBA||$0||Holman|
|SFR 111/112||Forests Through Time||3||online||TBA||$0||Livingston|
|THE 111||Introduction to Theatre||3||online||TBA||$0||Mikotowicz|
- A broadband internet connection can be a Cable/DSL, or T1/Intranet/Lan connection.
- Satellite connections will not work with streaming media.
- Course Descriptions can be found at mainestreet.maine.edu
- All Academ-e classes carry UMaine credit and meet the general education requirements of UMaine.
UMaine Academ-e Procedures and Deadlines 2014-2015
STEP 1. Fully and correctly completed nomination and consent forms submitted to UMaine beginning in April for the fall semester and October for the spring semester.
- Nomination forms may be downloaded from the Academ-e website at http://www.umaine.edu/academ-e.
- Consent forms can be downloaded from Academ-e site but MUST be mailed to Academ-e since authentic signatures must be on file.
- A student will not be enrolled into a class until BOTH the nomination and consent forms have been fully and correctly completed (with all signatures) and received by the Academ-e.
STEP 2. UMaine date stamps and checks forms for accuracy.
STEP 3. Accurate forms are processed in order of date received. Courses are on a first-come, first-served basis until they are filled to their enrollment limits. Inaccurate paperwork causes processing delays.
Step 4. Guidance counselors are notified of the student’s acceptance and enrollment in the course(s).
Step 5. Tuition is covered for 6 credits. If more than 6 credits are taken, the student will be responsible for the cost of 1/2 of the additional credits.
Step 6. UMaine bills student for balance of tuition for those exceeding 6 credit hours at a 50% rate.
*Other payments through high schools or third parties MUST be specified at time of enrollment.
NOTE: All UMaine academic and financial policies and procedures apply to Academ-e students including:
- Add/drop and withdrawal deadlines and penalties
- FirstClass account rules and regulations