Please review descriptions of the following funding opportunities provided by the Maine 4-H Foundation. Apply for the one(s) most relevant to your project / aspirations. If you have any questions, please contact us before applying.
Post-Secondary Education Scholarships: These scholarships are available to participants in the 4-H Program, pursuing higher education. Deadlines: March 6, 2015 to UMaine Extension county office; March 13, 2015 to Maine 4-H Foundation.
- Maine 4-H Foundation Post-Secondary Education Scholarships (Word) — descriptions
- Application Form (Word) for the following scholarships:
- Maine 4-H Foundation General Post Secondary Education Scholarships
- Wayne S. Rich Scholarship — Maine in odd numbered years
- Azure Dillon 4-H Memorial Scholarship — Maine 4-Her
- Gladys E. Conant Memorial Farm Credit of Maine Scholarship ($1,000) — Students currently enrolled at University of Maine in the College of Natural Sciences Forestry and Agriculture (NSFA). Maine 4-Her planning to continue their post-secondary education at a Maine institution whose objective is to major in a field related to commercial farming, fishing, or forest products or in another field with the intent to work in businesses related to these industries.
- Doris Roberts, H. Lawrence, and George Lawrence Humphrey 4-H Scholarship
- Evaluation Sheet for Maine 4-H Foundation Scholarship Applications (Word)
Henry Page / Bangor Noon Kiwanis Grants: These grants are available to members of the Penobscot County 4-H Program. They can be used by clubs for trips, community service projects and other 4-H activities. Individual members may also apply for the grants to cover participation costs in local, state, and national 4-H events. For a more detailed description, please refer to the guidelines.
4-H Service, Innovative Education, and Philanthropy Grants: Grant application ideas should tie into the 4-H program priorities for Maine including club and community service learning projects, philanthropic projects that engage members in the community supporting 4-H program work, and/or new creative educational ideas. Funds can be requested for amounts from $100 to $500; on a rare occasion the grant request may be considered for more that $500. Sponsor: Maine 4-H Foundation Youth Trustees in Philanthropy. Application Form.
Additional Scholarship Resources
Patriot Education Scholarship
In 2007, Patriot Mutual Holding Company merged into Frankenmuth Mutual Insurance Company, with Frankenmuth being the surviving company and owner of Patriot’s two wholly owned subsidiaries, Patriot Insurance Company and Patriot Life Insurance Company, both Maine-domiciled companies at that time. Frankenmuth, founded on the tradition of neighbor helping neighbor, is committed to supporting graduates of Maine high schools pursuing a degree in business at a college or university in Maine, and, to that end, has established the Patriot Education Scholarship Fund at the Maine Community Foundation.
Eligible students are graduates of a Maine high school who are currently enrolled in a college or university in Maine pursuing a degree in business as a full-time student. Preference is given to applicants who have a demonstrated interest in personal and commercial insurance professions.
Contact: Maine Community Foundation
Application Deadline: June 1
Patriot Education Scholarship Application: The application deadline for this scholarship has passed. Please check back in 2015 for your next opportunity to apply: Patriot Education Scholarship renewal information.